Advice needed for beginner on choice of wavemaker

Domizi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I'm new to this forum, and about to get into this hobby via a 33g cube AIO. I'm planning on starting out with clowns, some soft coral, and a few hardier LPS down the road such as Hammers. As I'm planning the tank I realize I don't have enough flow just from the return pump.

Considerations regarding a wavemaker includes noise (a big no-no on noisier installations from the wife) and to some extent cost. I have been looking at products such as the Tunze Turbelle nanostream 6020 (would be placed behind a rock to create turbulent flow), as well as jebao mow 3/5. I've also heard gyres are good for this type of tank, but have yet to find one in a decent price range with okay reviews.

Any tips are very appreciated! Hope you guys are having a great week!

OP
OP
D

Domizi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures would be great. Are you thinking about the Nero at all?
Thanks for replying! I have not received the tank yet (I'm in the planning phase) but I've ordered a red sea g2 nano XL 125L. I only have a rough sketch of what I hope it would look like, I'll attach it to this comment (the sinularia and toadstool is an either or situation, and the GSP is on its own island). I was hoping to be able to put everything together so I have what I need from the get go and can plan the rockworks accordingly.

Attachments

• Aquarium plan.png
    Aquarium plan.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Domizi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to look at these. I use 2 on my 125G. DEAD silent. Easy Set-up. For your tank, just turn down the flow.....$80.00
1718737136312.png
Hmm, definitely sounds interesting! A bit hard to find sellers in Sweden, but this particular variant seemed to be shipped via some sellers on Amazon at least. At the current price to here it is not that different from a Jebao, which are sold by domestic stores. I'll have to look at both a bit closer to make a decision there (or among other options).

Pictures would be great. Are you thinking about the Nero at all?
And looked at the Nero 3 as well. Customer reviews seemed to deem it a bit lacking in longevity considering it's price, altough the experience seemed to vary a lot. Have you had good experiences with it?

Upvote 0

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, definitely sounds interesting! A bit hard to find sellers in Sweden, but this particular variant seemed to be shipped via some sellers on Amazon at least. At the current price to here it is not that different from a Jebao, which are sold by domestic stores. I'll have to look at both a bit closer to make a decision there (or among other options).

And looked at the Nero 3 as well. Customer reviews seemed to deem it a bit lacking in longevity considering it's price, altough the experience seemed to vary a lot. Have you had good experiences with it?
No experience so far. I’m all about the EcoTech MP 10 and 40

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back