AI Prime 16 HD keeps asking for a PIN?!?

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for over a year and loved it enough to recently purchase another one, used. I've been fighting with it for several days trying to add it to the MyAI app and it keeps asking me for a PIN number. I've contacted customer service and they gave me the standard "how to reset" instructions, which I've done at least a dozen times. They claim that their app never asks for a PIN, so I sent them screen shots but still waiting to hear back. In the meantime, that half of my tank is in darkness and I'm really frustrated. Any tips, clues or hints I can try to get around this? Thanks in advance.
Sue

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_2317.png
    IMG_2317.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2316.png
    IMG_2316.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2315.png
    IMG_2315.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 46

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think Bluetooth at time use pin #'s
Default is like 0000 or 1234.
Not sure of the 1234 0123?

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then there is the:
**If you encounter any errors stating "AI-Fi device being registered to a different account", please email the serial number from each light(s) to [email protected] and request they be removed.**
Hmmmmm... interesting. I think one of the screen shots I sent to the AI customer service included both serial numbers but if not I will do that! Thanks.

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it asking for your phone's pin? Perhaps
OMG - I will kick myself if that's it! But what's odd is I removed my original AI light from the app, deleted the app, redownloaded it, and reprogrammed the old light back in - it never asked for a PIN, so the request seems to be specific to this used light?
Sue
Will be able to try these suggestions in about 30 minutes.... the anticipation is killing me!

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the app is changing phone settings and stu

ff, so u need to put in your phone password
CRAP! I tried so many different possibilities and none of them let me in. :loudly-crying-face: I also reached out to the Seller but haven't heard back, but in his defense I purchased it a while ago and just now got around to setting up another tank for it.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try shutting off and turning on your bt in the phone.
Not sure what "age" or the ai's protocol but it could be a phone / bt issue.

Overview

The new series of AI Lights are controlled via Bluetooth or BLE. We will be releasing WiFi controllability for the AI Lights at a later date, once development is complete. The steps below will assist you in connecting your new AI Light to the myAI app on your smartphone/tablet.

Steps:

1. Power on your AI light(s)
  2. Open the "Settings" on your phone/tablet
  3. Ensure Bluetooth is "On" or "Enabled"
  4. Open the myAI app
  5. Select the "+" button and "Add AI Light/Nero"
**If you have trouble locating or controlling your AI Light, please be sure to disconnect your phone/tablet temporarily from any other Bluetooth devices.**

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to factory reset it and that fixed it.

Disconnect the AI Light from power
With power disconnected, hold the reset button on your AI Light
Re-connect power and continue to hold until the indicator button begins flashing red
The reset button will flash blue/green if the reset has been successful

OP
OP
SueAndHerZoo

SueAndHerZoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to factory reset it and that fixed it.

Disconnect the AI Light from power
With power disconnected, hold the reset button on your AI Light
Re-connect power and continue to hold until the indicator button begins flashing red
The reset button will flash blue/green if the reset has been successful
Been trying that. Funny thing is when I reset the new (used) light, it flashes red ONCE and then goes to green. When I reset the one I've had a while, the red light flashes several times before turning green, then to green and blue (the way it is supposed to I think). Don't know why I only get one red flash when resetting the new (used) one.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying that. Funny thing is when I reset the new (used) light, it flashes red ONCE and then goes to green. When I reset the one I've had a while, the red light flashes several times before turning green, then to green and blue (the way it is supposed to I think). Don't know why I only get one red flash when resetting the new (used) one.
Seems green means running a program.. don't think the # of times the red flashes is important.
The fact the "new" light doesn't go "teal" is though.
I'd think it means you haven't really reset it..for whatever reason.

Back