AIO rear chamber issues

RickvDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have some issues with my rear chambers which I believe is due to water level. I currently have my waterlevel pretty high, but this has causes all of my rear chambers to be equally full.

IMG_8701.jpeg

IMG_8702.jpeg

I’ve tried taking some water out if it, and then some more but I feel like the rear chambers continue to stay at the same level. Does anyone have any input on this? I’m trying to install an automatic reef roller but I need to fix my water level first.

This is with less water:

IMG_8697.jpeg
IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8696.jpeg IMG_8699.jpeg IMG_8700.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get a good surface pull to keep films from building up on the surface of your system there needs to be a drop in the level in the first chamber from the tank level. I would just lower the water level in the tank to achieve this. But you could mess with a large pump in hte last chamber. FWIW, I wouldn't bother with the filter material in the first chamber or with a filter roll. Fish poop is important part of the carbonate cycle as well as providing nutrients for corals.

OP
OP
R

RickvDam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get a good surface pull to keep films from building up on the surface of your system there needs to be a drop in the level in the first chamber from the tank level. I would just lower the water level in the tank to achieve this. But you could mess with a large pump in hte last chamber. FWIW, I wouldn't bother with the filter material in the first chamber or with a filter roll. Fish poop is important part of the carbonate cycle as well as providing nutrients for corals.

Hey! I really like my AI Axis so I’d rather not change pumps haha. Yea I think due to my high water level, too much water can get in the rear chambers. I noticed that if I remove enough so the water just reaches the overflow, I get the dropping waterfall idea and my return chamber is lower then the first 2 chambers. I’m guessing that’s the solution. Just remove a few liters.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back