• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone who could sell me a sea hare?

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no intentions of derailing this thread just to make it clear to the moderators.

If you're looking local and happen to come across one from another member it tends to be a user who bought it and it took care of their problem and now they're trying to get rid of it. I believe they technically are nudis. Regardless I spent some time working at a local fish store where we would stock see Harris but I would consistently recommend something like a lawn mower blenny over them. They are efficient, but once the job's done they tend not to have a long life span. I know several local fish stores in my area have them or can get them in but from personal experience working with customers and hearing their feedback I would potentially consider other options. Me personally, I would never mail one out, but also make it clear to moderators that I've no intentions of derailing this thread, the local fish store I used to work for still carries them and doesn't charge much for them. I do potentially have the ability to ship you want despite my opinions on it. I don't really think making a drive to meet up with someone and get one off of them is worth the risk especially considering how cheap I see them nowadays, but in the case that you do acquire one just be careful. The last time I kept one it got shredded up by my Nero three. I have no clue what it was even doing near the powerhead but once they run out of food they'll go anywhere looking for it.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, looking for a sea hare in NYC or Westchester or west Connecticut. I have to much hair algae.
Thanks
Violet aquariums have them and saltwater fish.com has them I believe as well

Treehrtsme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not uncommon, but they do produce a lot of waste. You can find them on a lot of sites, but when you get them in you don't want to take your time acclimating because the bags probably going to be loaded with ammonia and if you start putting oxygen in there it's going to mess with the pH. I have actually had success finding them at petco's

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.4%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 98 43.8%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 56 25.0%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.8%
Back