Auto feeder

jayden kolonne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you feed anthias, I'm getting anthias soon and I know they need to be feed 3 or more times a day. I'm thinking of getting an auto feeder but I have seen some people keep the auto feeders in their sump. How does that work. Where do you keep your autofeeder? What food do you prefer for anthias, what feeder is good. Honestly they are all made in the same Chinese factory so I don't see a point in spending to much but let me know.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you feed anthias, I'm getting anthias soon and I know they need to be feed 3 or more times a day. I'm thinking of getting an auto feeder but I have seen some people keep the auto feeders in their sump. How does that work. Where do you keep your autofeeder? What food do you prefer for anthias, what feeder is good. Honestly they are all made in the same Chinese factory so I don't see a point in spending to much but let me know.
I have a 2 in my tank (1 bimac, 1 lyretail). The tank gets fed twice a day. I feed once around 12pm with frozen and pellets and then again around 8pm with frozen only. It did take me quite a while to even get them to start taking pellets. They would only take frozen for the longest time and even now can still be hit or miss on pellets. I had an autofeeder up for a bit but I felt like I was feeding the tank too much so I removed it for now. It was mounted on the top of the tank and would drop pellets in a set times throughout the day.

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anthias can be picky. Mine don’t really eat any frozen. I got a plank auto feeder - it uses freeze dried food, mixes it in a chamber and dispenses as the food becomes ready to sink. This way the dry food is hydrated properly, and doesn’t float into the overflow and get wasted. Pricey but works very well.

I have a timer that has it run for 1 min at a time, 3x a day

It dispenses in front of a powerhead so the food gets distributed across the tank

You can also mount on the sump an have it dispense right in front of the return intake

00D48BF4-94E7-493E-9386-56C4EFD03076.jpeg
1DB2F585-E266-40C6-A301-F70BDA6D201C.jpeg

tbaum101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen one on Amazon by Hygger that comes with a Webcam and is controllable via wifi as well as schedule. Pretty cool. I love Hygger's wavemakers and couldn't be more happy with them. The set is $99

WHEN IT COMES TO REEFING EQUIPMENT, DO YOU BUY NEW OR USED? AND WHY?

• I usually buy new equipment.

Votes: 54 56.3%
  • I usually buy used equipment.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I depends on what the equipment is.

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back