Back to school

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As we often hear, its " Back To School" time -

Speaking of school, how many us keep schools of fish and what type?
Any issues with squabbling and bullying and what size tank are they in (This will help others consider) ?

Pics are welcomed

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wanted a harem of fish. I don’t think it feasible to keep a true “school” of any fish in our hobby, but I hope someone can prove me wrong!

I tried on 2 different occasions to keep 6 blue chromis in my 120g tank. They would get along OK for a few months then start picking each other off. Within 1-2 years I was down to 1 fish left. I still have the lone survivor and it has been in my tank many years now. His name is Fred :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_5241.jpeg

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I’ve always wanted a harem of fish. I don’t think it feasible to keep a true “school” of any fish in our hobby, but I hope someone can prove me wrong!

I tried on 2 different occasions to keep 6 blue chromis in my 120g tank. They would get along OK for a few months then start picking each other off. Within 1-2 years I was down to 1 fish left. I still have the lone survivor and it has been in my tank many years now. His name is Fred :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

IMG_5241.jpeg
It seems often harems (in better terms tend to dwindle down). Im lucky to have 5 anthias from original 8 over 5 years

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems often harems (in better terms tend to dwindle down). Im lucky to have 5 anthias from original 8 over 5 years
That’s awesome! I have a single lyretail anthia and was considering adding a few more…

Back