Berghia nudibranch

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
About 3 weeks ago I purchased 5 berghia nudibranchs for my huge apatasia problem that I was facing but looking at it now I think I completely underestimated those little things. I can’t spot a single aptasia at all on the sand or on the rocks. I just wanted to come on here and ask what would anyone recommend I do with them. I feel bad letting them starve to death and I see them on the glass at night so I’m sure I can catch them. If there’s anyone reading this in the Los Angeles area who would be interested in them let me know. Anything would be appreciated!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sucks is that more aptaisia are growing, but the nudi's will die before all the baby aptaisia's are found. In a few months you will need the nudi's again and it starts over. It seems to be an ongoing cycle.

OP
OP
clownfish_reefer

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What sucks is that more aptaisia are growing, but the nudi's will die before all the baby aptaisia's are found. In a few months you will need the nudi's again and it starts over. It seems to be an ongoing cycle.
That’s what I’m worried about too. I saw online some people make aptasia tanks for them but I severely underestimated them and they already cleaned my tank out.

OP
OP
clownfish_reefer

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any Aiptasia in your sump or overflow that they can't get to?
Sorry for the late response havent been on here for a while. As of now I saw 1 of them during a water change on Friday but other than that I think the rest of them are goners sadly.

OP
OP
clownfish_reefer

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could give them to another reefer locally with an aiptasia problem? Or a LFS?
At the moment don’t know any local reefers I’ve tried posting on a Facebook group but haven’t gotten any responses. Seems most of the groups aren’t that active. As for an lfs I’m not sure they’d be interested but if I manage to catch at least 2 of them I’ll try to offer them.

OP
OP
clownfish_reefer

clownfish_reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I saw this earlier, I could have put them to good use.
Trust me they wipe out that aptasia quickly. I bought 5 of them for $85 but would’ve been willing to give them for less as I feel bad for them. As someone said previously the aptasia could come back once they nudibranchs were gone which would be another issue for me.

Back