Blasto wellsi, green center turning black?

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever have a red and green blasto wellsi lose the green in the center of the polyps? Mine has slight streaks of the green in some of the upper polyps but many of the have lost it completely and turned black aside from the mouth hole that stayed green. Here’s a pic of the colony…the heads are so large and folded that it’s hard to see what I’m trying to describe. But you can see the lack of green in the lower right polyp…a lot of them are like that. Normal for them as the polyps get larger? It sits under 150ish PAR in the sand bed
217A37D7-7741-4803-985D-22C54B7FA20B.jpeg

Dread Pirate Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My welsi is just a small single head on a frag plug at the moment. I really look forward to seeing it grow to your sized ones! As far as seeing the green to black color change I have not. But maybe someone else here has.

OP
OP
Necrodaemus

Necrodaemus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My welsi is just a small single head on a frag plug at the moment. I really look forward to seeing it grow to your sized ones! As far as seeing the green to black color change I have not. But maybe someone else here has.
Mine started out as a tiny, dime sized head and had a nice vibrant green. It really didn’t start losing the green until it got to this size.

Back