Hippo tang has cuts on on side

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom S.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tom S.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2022
Messages
58
Reaction score
86
Location
Albany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a blue hippo tang who has been very happy in my tank for a couple months. Some time in the last 24 hours he got roughed up. I'm not sure what happened. I read about tangs getting stuck some times and getting cuts that way. This looks pretty serious. Should I be worried? What do you think caused this? I have a 6 line wrasse, lawn mower blenny and a golden nugget clown fish in the tank with it. I also have a cleaner shrimp, urchin, conch, hermits and snails. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Tom

20221020_134128.jpg
 
Doesn’t look like any fish did that.
Could be the urchin or a powerhead/pump like mentioned.
 
I have a mp40 and a reefwave45. I guess anythings possible. I did find the mp40 at the bottom of the tank like two days ago. I guess I could have missed the cuts on him then. Should I be worried?
 
This guy wouldn't be capable of doing that right?
 

Attachments

  • 20221020_140338.jpg
    20221020_140338.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 40
Seems more like it would be the powerhead than the urchin to me. Best you can do is keep a close eye and watch for infection.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new