Blue streak Cleaner Wrasse

fishyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, got a cleaner wrasse today, heard some people had a wonderful experience with it and some said that cleaner wrasses are extremely hard to care of.
My cleaner wrasse has already found a spot it likes and is cleaning my scopas tang, it’s also pecking at the rocks…
Anybody that has experience with cleaner wrasses, any tips?
What food?

IMG_9202.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

With cleaner wrasse, it is all about the source. Cleaner wrasse from Indonesia or the Philippines tend to be more delicate. Those from East Africa are really sturdy. You may not know where yours was collected, and just be aware that cleaner wrasse from all sources tend to look good for a few weeks, but then the more delicate ones begin to fade and often die.

Feeding should be small bits of high protein, high fat food; chopped up mysids, small sinking pellets if they'll take them. Multiple small feeding each day is best.

Jay

OP
OP
F

fishyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! My cleaner wrasse doesn’t seem to take interest in the mysis I just fed the tank, but it is very interested in grazing on the rocks and eating stuff on it which I don’t know what they are and it’s also very interested in my scopas tang.. Any ideas?
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

With cleaner wrasse, it is all about the source. Cleaner wrasse from Indonesia or the Philippines tend to be more delicate. Those from East Africa are really sturdy. You may not know where yours was collected, and just be aware that cleaner wrasse from all sources tend to look good for a few weeks, but then the more delicate ones begin to fade and often die.

Feeding should be small bits of high protein, high fat food; chopped up mysids, small sinking pellets if they'll take them. Multiple small feeding each day is best.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! My cleaner wrasse doesn’t seem to take interest in the mysis I just fed the tank, but it is very interested in grazing on the rocks and eating stuff on it which I don’t know what they are and it’s also very interested in my scopas tang.. Any ideas?

You need to chop the mysids into tiny pieces. The best thing to try is live baby brine shrimp, but you'll need to hatch those out yourself.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve had one for 6 months. I feed just spectrum pellets and he goes around eating pods. He is very vibrant and happy.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, is that why my wrasse keeps eating stuff off the rocks? He seems very interested in the rocks

Yes most likely. Mine cruises around all day eating pods off the glass and rocks. He doesn’t eat flatworms though.

DOES TANK SIZE MATTER WHEN TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR REEF?

• Yes, the environment in smaller tanks is harder to maintain.

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Yes, the environment in larger tank is harder to maintain.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Reef environments are hard to maintain no matter the size of the tank.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • You have problems maintaining your reef's environment? Noob.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 3 7.1%

Back