Canister help needed please!

TheXpander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m coaxing my two new Clownfish to feed, turned off the powerhead tonight to stop flow momentarily to feed and noticed no return from the canister (Tetrarec EX1200). Sounded like the motor was running but no flow. Tank has only had its first inhabitants since Thursday so i can’t imagine it’s through lack of cleaning ( it will be cleaned every week with fresh floss and carbon). Anyway I took it apart, checked the impeller, the water at the top of the canister was really hot? Removed and reinstalled the impeller, primed and switched on and it all works?
Any ideas please? Thank you!!

13Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m not sure if I am familiar with that particular canister filter. Any worn gaskets or o-rings that could be slowly leaking and causing the filter to lose its prime? Just my initial thoughts.

IanK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably had air bubble trapped in it. If it happens again try tilting the canister a few different directions access see if it gets going, or shake it around to get the air bubble out

OP
OP
TheXpander

TheXpander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m not sure if I am familiar with that particular canister filter. Any worn gaskets or o-rings that could be slowly leaking and causing the filter to lose its prime? Just my initial thoughts.
This would make sense, I’ve greased the rim/o ring join so we’ll see how it goes! Thanks all!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back