Dead Fish this Morning...

NeilRogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 Gallon Biocube, water readings all within recommended parameters.

3 fish (Royal Gramma, Clown, Fiji Damsel), Cleaner Shrimp, Soft Coral, Cleanup Crew...

Royal Gramma went "missing" two nights ago. Saw it shoot out of the live rock and appeared very agitated while swimming erratically (zipping around at high speeds). Then went missing again.

Damsel was fine, then last night began swimming very lethargically. Both found dead this morning.

Damsel, Shrimp, Coral, Cleanup crew all appear fine.

Only thing I noticed in the past couple of days is a slight cloudiness to the water.

Tank is six months old.

Fish disease? Whatever it was happened quickly.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 Gallon Biocube, water readings all within recommended parameters.

3 fish (Royal Gramma, Clown, Fiji Damsel), Cleaner Shrimp, Soft Coral, Cleanup Crew...

Royal Gramma went "missing" two nights ago. Saw it shoot out of the live rock and appeared very agitated while swimming erratically (zipping around at high speeds). Then went missing again.

Damsel was fine, then last night began swimming very lethargically. Both found dead this morning.

Damsel, Shrimp, Coral, Cleanup crew all appear fine.

Only thing I noticed in the past couple of days is a slight cloudiness to the water.

Tank is six months old.

Fish disease? Whatever it was happened quickly.
Slight cloudiness sounds like a bacterial bloom - This can remove oxygen for fish. Were any of them sat at the surface of the water?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. They actually stayed toward the bottom. The Clown was very lethargic and hugging the bottom.
Honestly, it’s not likely a fish disease as most of them will affect the fish in appearance more than lethargy.
If you saw no white spotting then velvet, ich and flukes are unlikely.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was power off for an extended duration?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back