Equipment recommendations? Do not buy AI illumination products.

mnsean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using all AI illumination products for past eight month. But it just has way too many equipment failures. Already replaced one of the lights, both of the axis40 pump, and Nero 3 wave maker. And I use about 10 to 15% of its capacity.

I’m thinking about getting all new products lighting, wave maker, and pump for my back chamber.

Few things that are important to me are: 1. All in one control center. 2, Good range of flow that I can control on wave makers, would like to be able to set it low as possible if I’d like. Lowest setting on nero5 and orbit2 is not low enough… Nero 3 is ok but very narrow flow and not cascading enough.

Any recommendations?

Brian916

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a bummer. My AI primes always worked great, but it sounds like AI is struggling with production.

I know it is the same ownership group, but all of my gear in the Neptune Apex universe has always worked. It isn't the best or cheapest, but the integration and functionality always works. I have the COR15, Sky, Feeder, ATO, and DOS and have had zero issues for years. My IceCap Gyres on the Hydros pump controller are also really good.

reely989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks! I've had a lot of good luck with their Nero line. I really like the form factor of them. I have four Nero 7s running right now. In terms of alternatives and what you're describing, I don't really know a good wavemaker for you. I feel like Nero's have a pretty wide pattern compared to most other wavemakers, but don't quote me on that. I've heard good think about the octopulse line from reef octopus, but I don't know if they have one with a low enough setting for you. They can be controlled through a hydros controller.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back