First saltwater reef tank, how’d I do?

MrTarGoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s I do on my first 10 gallon nano? Super basic hob filter and air sponge. Let it cycle with a single chalk bass for 2 months and just dropped my first corals after dipping ofc. Was gonna post a video but says my file was too big.

Lights:
- Kessil a80 and coral glow 12 inch strip.

Filter:
- aquaclear 70

IMG_5368.jpeg IMG_5378.jpeg IMG_5376.jpeg IMG_5375.jpeg IMG_5372.jpeg

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like a great start! Some members like to upload videos to YouTube, then link the YouTube link here. Good luck with your new 10 gallon!

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does! Great thing about the smaller tanks is their relative simplicity. Ya don't need all the gear a larger tank requires. I'd love to see a pic of the entire tank. Are you gonna keep it to just corals? I was thinking of doing just what you're doing until the big tank goes up. Great job!

OP
OP
M

MrTarGoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does! Great thing about the smaller tanks is their relative simplicity. Ya don't need all the gear a larger tank requires. I'd love to see a pic of the entire tank. Are you gonna keep it to just corals? I was thinking of doing just what you're doing until the big tank goes up. Great job!
Thank you, have a single chalk bass in there but he likes to hide only comes out for feeding really, would be cool to have a mid to upper level small fish in additions

OP
OP
M

MrTarGoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon the glass lol

Attachments

• IMG_5365.jpeg
    IMG_5365.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 17

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get hob filters that are designed around saltwater use . Can’t remember the name but if you google “saltwater hob filter” you’ll get the info. I use a canister in addition myself, but I’m running a 90 all in one(AIO). It does look good so far. Maybe get some more rock , preferably live rock. Several vendors sell small nano packages of it. You’re going to be limited on fish with a tank that size. I’d recommend small gobies like neon gobies or maybe a clown goby. Mid strata that might be more visible when it gets comfortable could be a royal gramma
Some other ideas

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s I do on my first 10 gallon nano? Super basic hob filter and air sponge. Let it cycle with a single chalk bass for 2 months and just dropped my first corals after dipping ofc. Was gonna post a video but says my file was too big.

Lights:
- Kessil a80 and coral glow 12 inch strip.

Filter:
- aquaclear 70

IMG_5368.jpeg IMG_5378.jpeg IMG_5376.jpeg IMG_5375.jpeg IMG_5372.jpeg
You can always upload through youtube and post the link here! Tank is looking good!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back