First tank build 90g

gnarlydudecory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted a saltwater aquarium. Got a used 55g long tank that I was going to set up until my wife and I went into a fish store in Baton Rouge and found a used tank for sale with the works. Awesome deal and said it was 75g. Found out it’s 90g. Came with sump. RO system. Pumps. Powerheads. Ai prime lights. Protein skimmer. Sand. Few pounds of live rock(found out that doesn’t go far). Salt. Couldn’t pass it up. So bought it. Sold 55g. And began research and work. First aquascape I did I didn’t like. Redid it. Didn’t like it and got more rock glue and epoxie and build what I have now and will stay till one day. Always a bigger tank.
IMG_6171.jpeg
IMG_6172.jpeg
IMG_6201.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6771.jpeg
IMG_6770.jpeg

OP
OP
gnarlydudecory

gnarlydudecory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently up to two clownfish. Blue tang. Six line wrasse. One spot foxface. Good size clean up crew. One anemone. Hairy mushroom. Duncan. Anthelia. GSP.

OP
OP
gnarlydudecory

gnarlydudecory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently up to two clownfish. Blue tang. Six line wrasse. One spot foxface. Good size clean up crew. One anemone. Hairy mushroom. Duncan. Anthelia. GSP.
Thank you! That was my goal. Plenty of different spaces for fish to hide and swim through. And lot of spots to mount corals

alfieohalfie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted a saltwater aquarium. Got a used 55g long tank that I was going to set up until my wife and I went into a fish store in Baton Rouge and found a used tank for sale with the works. Awesome deal and said it was 75g. Found out it’s 90g. Came with sump. RO system. Pumps. Powerheads. Ai prime lights. Protein skimmer. Sand. Few pounds of live rock(found out that doesn’t go far). Salt. Couldn’t pass it up. So bought it. Sold 55g. And began research and work. First aquascape I did I didn’t like. Redid it. Didn’t like it and got more rock glue and epoxie and build what I have now and will stay till one day. Always a bigger tank.
IMG_6171.jpeg
IMG_6172.jpeg
IMG_6201.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6771.jpeg
IMG_6770.jpeg
Awesome! Looking forward to the progress! Following

OP
OP
gnarlydudecory

gnarlydudecory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking suggestions for stocking list. So far 2 clowns. One six line wrasse. One blue tang. One fox face. Few corals and decent clean up crew. I know I want a flame angel. Besides that looking for some entertaining and useful fish.

OP
OP
gnarlydudecory

gnarlydudecory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you install on Jun 18? Looks phenomenal for only a month!!
I actually set it up the beginning of April with water and rock. Then had some issues with my cycle. Still fighting through the uglies right now blessed it hasn’t been too bad on me. Just eneded up redoing my aquascape a few times haha. But it’s doing awesome. I’ll have to take some new pictures and post them. Have more corals and growth. And some new fish. I am slacking updating on here.
IMG_7222.jpeg

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back