Fish is on the way then this uggh

Hrosik123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I ordered a yellow eyed Kole tang last week. Was very excited that it was picked up by UPS for an overnight. Then when I was checking status I see this.
What are the chances this tang will be alive when it gets here which I still don’t have a clue about? Cali shipping to Tennessee.
Sometimes life just kicks you in the nuggets

IMG_0301.png

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a week in a bag I doubt it. That being said, I'm just issuing an educated guess. But I'd think the O2 is gone by now. Did you insure the transport?

TurboTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had more than one fish order from West to east coast end up taking 48hrs. And every time the fish did well - including tangs. However the peak of summer is a dicey time of year for this to happen. Really depends how well it is packaged by vendor - water volume/cool packs, and then your ability to acclimate once you receive without making mistakes that subject the fish to high levels of ammonia. Wish you good luck. Yellow eyed kole is a cool fish!

OP
OP
H

Hrosik123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only been in the bag since yesterday closing in on 24 hrs but still a long time.
With a week in a bag I doubt it. That being said, I'm just issuing an educated guess. But I'd think the O2 is gone by now. Did you insure the transport?

OP
OP
H

Hrosik123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fresh saltwater in the qt just waiting on arrival. Good thing my current project is 15 min from the homestead so I can get it in the tank quickly.

OP
OP
H

Hrosik123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well last update has the tang coming tomorrow by noon. Not holding my breath for a good outcome but I’ve been wrong on many an occasion.

Back