GSP dipped - lots of little critters

Bushnell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 1.5 year old 26 gallon tank. I recently purchased a rock flower anemone from my LFS and did not dip it. My GSP have been closed up since and decided to do a hydrogen peroxide dip and saw these critters come out immediately. What should I do with the large rock that has waving hands, the anemone, zoas, sea rod, and some Kenya trees? Should I dip the whole rock too? Anything else I can do? Thank you!

IMG_7061.jpeg IMG_7063.jpeg

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I've been trying hydrogen peroxide dipping to battle some hair algae on a few frags and in one of my small tanks with some success. I'm not so sure the peroxide is strong enough to effectively eradicate "critters", but I'm tagging along to see what others think.

Have you tried any coral specific dips, like CoralRx or ReVive?

OP
OP
B

Bushnell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I don’t have any of those dips, I do have the hydrogen peroxide and iodine solution on hand if someone smarter than me thinks it’s worth it

Just trying to see if dipping this entire rock work with the attached corals would help. The first picture has tons of these critters at the top of the water around the rim

Hopefully we both get some tips then! Thanks!

OP
OP
B

Bushnell

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scooped some out for a better picture of the culprits

Attachments

• image.jpg