Gwtting Zoa off plug

LunaSky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 zoa that I purchased on what looks like ceramic tile plugs. They have grown a bit and I'm not sure if I can or should pull them off the plug. The issue is the plugs have a very smooth bottom and no matter what kind of glue or where I glue them, they always end up on, in, or upside down in the sand, knocked off by a fish or the current. I've tried looking this up and only found one video that doesn't explain how to deal with my particular issue. Any advice?

20240916_120905.jpg 20240916_120905.jpg

Uncle99

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t glue softies to hard surfaces so if you take them off you will need to take some of the plug with them and glue that down.

Gorilla glue gel should hold anything.

AtlantiCat

41% Salt, 59% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Do NOT try to pull them off. You could injure or kill them.

2) Use a LOT of glue, like a big blob the size of three nickels stacked up.

3) Use glue on the surface you're gluing the plug to as well, if you can reach in and get some on it.

4) When you're placing the plug, stick it down where you want it, then lift it up a little and replace it again. Repeat this several times until you feel the glue become tacky and start to grip. THEN stick the plug down for the last time.

This should get most plugs to hold in place fairly solidly. If it's still not working, get some bone cutters and clip off the edges of the plug where the zoa ISN'T growing, then try again, making sure to get some glue on the rough edges.

Personally, I cut all my plugs down to as small as possible, so they'll be less visible in the landscape, but that's just my preferred method. Good luck!

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Use 2 part reef epoxy and press onto the rock and then press the frag disk into it. Remove. You now have a mold. Put gorilla glue gel on both sides and put back on the rock. Should be a perfect fit. Press plug disk in the indentation you made

The glue will form a perfect seal on both sides and have maximum contact area for the rock and disk

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back