Healthy, Yellow-tail wrasse, 4-inches, developed a mystery red lesion on side?

G&J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my healthy Tamarin yellow-tail has a red lesion looking Spot on his right side, I'll show you a picture. It is swimming fine. Acting normal doesn't scratch against anything, eats perfectly fine. Should I be worried, How should I treat it?
1000071963.jpg

OP
OP
G

G&J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my healthy Tamarin yellow-tail has a red lesion looking Spot on his right side, I'll show you a picture. It is swimming fine. Acting normal doesn't scratch against anything, eats perfectly fine. Should I be worried, How should I treat it?
1000071963.jpg
1000071984.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Looks like a nick or small injury which should heal on its own, however keep an eye on it to see its healing and not getting red or sore. If so, treatment is Seachem Neoplex in a separate tank with added aeration

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000071963.jpg
Welcome to reef2reef!

How long have you had the wrasse?

Did the lesion show up suddenly (like an injury would) or did it seems to grow larger starting from the inside?

OP
OP
G

G&J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef!

How long have you had the wrasse?

Did the lesion show up suddenly (like an injury would) or did it seems to grow larger starting from the inside?
I've had him for 1 week, it just appeared yesterday. Thanks brother

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had him for 1 week, it just appeared yesterday. Thanks brother
If it grows larger and becomes sort if linear, it could be internal Uronema. That really isn’t treatable though.

OP
OP
G

G&J

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000071963.jpg
Thanks everyone, I put her back into the main tank since she was happier. And max dosed stress-coat. The red is gone, and looks to be healing very well, I think it was a laceration or abrasion. -Thank you to you all, now the stupid Cyano, or diatoms (can't say which it is, but it's out of control). Chemiclean did nothing, but there are no bubbles, just red-slime hair mats on the sand. -post is coming with pics.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back