HELP PLEASE. Frogspawn dying?

CubanRedneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I losing this frog spawn? I put it in the tank Thursday I followed WWC recommendation on how to acclimate. I did see my peppermint shrimp picking on that side and I noticed when he did that some brownish liquid came out as if it bled it was super quick though. I’m using the Fluval Evo 13.5 As far as the parameters that I am testing for are good 0 ppm ammonia and nitrite, 10 ppm nitrate phosphate at .01 my pH is a little low at 8 I’m waiting to score a deal on Hanna checker’s so I haven’t been able to test my calcium magnesium or alkalinity, but LFS said I’m good I have some Favia frags that are doing good
IMG_4152.jpeg

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for parameters keep an eye on them! It could be what you saw was the peppermint shrimp simply knowing it’s sick… and yes, unfortunately if it is… it’s a loss… I’ve bought many small ones before and then did everything in my power to even dip them enough to revive them… (didn’t work)

My last bet would be placing it down on the sand bed…. (Little or to no flow) with good lighting too). Sort of burrow the body a little under the sand,,, enough to have the frogspawn know it’s on sand… I had a frogspawn years ago that just was very picky and even bailed off 2 heads before I placed it on the sand floor and there it stayed thriving! Of course!

Ever since then some part of me chooses to believe they are more of a sand- edge to rock placement kinda coral! Hope this helps and best of luck!

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? Looks like a goner to me.
As for parameters keep an eye on them! It could be what you saw was the peppermint shrimp simply knowing it’s sick… and yes, unfortunately if it is… it’s a loss… I’ve bought many small ones before and then did everything in my power to even dip them enough to revive them… (didn’t work)

My last bet would be placing it down on the sand bed…. (Little or to no flow) with good lighting too). Sort of burrow the body a little under the sand,,, enough to have the frogspawn know it’s on sand… I had a frogspawn years ago that just was very picky and even bailed off 2 heads before I placed it on the sand floor and there it stayed thriving! Of course!

Ever since then some part of me chooses to believe they are more of a sand- edge to rock placement kinda coral! Hope this helps and best of luck!

yambeezy23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC has a 5 day guarantee. Go ahead and send them a picture and submit a claim
They are very good with it. Funny enough, I bought 23 corals from the WWC live sale. I received mine on Thursday also. Out of all 23 corals I lost one. My peach frogspawn. The bag had brown jelly so I didn’t even put it in my tank at all

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC has a 5 day guarantee. Go ahead and send them a picture and submit a claim
They are very good with it. Funny enough, I bought 23 corals from the WWC live sale. I received mine on Thursday also. Out of all 23 corals I lost one. My peach frogspawn. The bag had brown jelly so I didn’t even put it in my tank at all
for sure thanks

OP
OP
CubanRedneck

CubanRedneck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I meant to write to you yesterday, but my phone had died. I took your advice. I removed the coral it once again then placed it in an area with less flow. It seems to be opened more than it was yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpeg
    IMG_4155.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 18

williamCreery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant to write to you yesterday, but my phone had died. I took your advice. I removed the coral it once again then placed it in an area with less flow. It seems to be opened more than it was yesterday.
THERE YOU GO!!! ( Leave it there for a long time so it regrows its polyps and heads). Sometimes I rather know a corals happy in one spot since that will be the key to its speed of growth!
They are just the pickiest coral lol. Great to hear it’s just an attitude then a disease!!

Back