Help with ammonia!!

the bomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does this ammonia reading on my Salifert kit mean I can’t understand it. It’s cloudy but still white does that mean my tank is cycled?

image.jpg

OP
OP
T

the bomb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock cycled for a week and a half then I put it in the tank. It’s been cycling with live sand a starry blenny and lots of nitrifying bacteria for 3 weeks

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's the help: you are cycled due to 3 weeks plus use of bottle bac

no more testing is needed

if you have rocks in the tank, they're covered in bacteria. *dont test for ammonia or nitrite any more on this tank, you are done cycling.

source:

the most important part of your post is to never run an ammonia or nitrite test on this reef again, that will prevent us from discussing cycle issues in a tank that's been cycled a while now.

the reason we ignore your test kits is depending on the type of kit, low levels of ammonia will show, and that's good. we don't want doubt making you think a three week cycle isn't complete: it is.

where you are at now: dealing with fish disease in December from having skipped all qt efforts, that part can be rough and is about 80% likely in no-prep tanks. move all concern from cycling and into disease prevention.

Back