Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface
Coral beauty
Melanarus wrasse
Clownfish
Diamond goby

Looking to add 1 large and 1 small to the list above.

I have Zoas and other easy to keep corals but not that many. A cleaner shrimp, one BTA and a few snails. Tank size is 75 gallons (short of 4x2x2).

My only wish would be that one of them could put my coral beauty in his place. He’s a little bossy with my diamond goby.

please help

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface
Coral beauty
Melanarus wrasse
Clownfish
Diamond goby

Looking to add 1 large and 1 small to the list above.

I have Zoas and other easy to keep corals but not that many. A cleaner shrimp, one BTA and a few snails. Tank size is 75 gallons (short of 4x2x2).

My only wish would be that one of them could put my coral beauty in his place. He’s a little bossy with my diamond goby.

please help
That Diamond may not do too well in the long run if it’s not got a deep sand bed or a mature sandbed.
I’d also put in a flasher wrasse as they have a bright red/orange colour that really only pops when compared to your own fish or fish without much red/orange. They don’t like too much aggression though so in terms of large fish you could try have a small foxface (Magnificus, Unimaculatus and Vulpinus seem to be best for 4’ tanks and are less likely to outgrow them). These are HUGE peace keepers of the tank, their venomous spines tend to stop aggression if they swim infront of the aggressors. Mine will split up any aggression.
B626B20A-B1D4-4843-913B-6243CCDF48FB.jpeg

As for being stung, I’m 4 years into keeping my own personal foxfaces (Both have been magnificus) and have had experience in an LFS with foxfaces. I haven’t been stung as when I put my hand into the tank they just swim away and go into hiding (Although I would never change the rockwork with this guy in the tank - I do put frags and whatnot in the tank but I always watch him and try not scaring him).

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Diamond may not do too well in the long run if it’s not got a deep sand bed or a mature sandbed.
I’d also put in a flasher wrasse as they have a bright red/orange colour that really only pops when compared to your own fish or fish without much red/orange. They don’t like too much aggression though so in terms of large fish you could try have a small foxface (Magnificus, Unimaculatus and Vulpinus seem to be best for 4’ tanks and are less likely to outgrow them). These are HUGE peace keepers of the tank, their venomous spines tend to stop aggression if they swim infront of the aggressors. Mine will split up any aggression.
B626B20A-B1D4-4843-913B-6243CCDF48FB.jpeg

As for being stung, I’m 4 years into keeping my own personal foxfaces (Both have been magnificus) and have had experience in an LFS with foxfaces. I haven’t been stung as when I put my hand into the tank they just swim away and go into hiding (Although I would never change the rockwork with this guy in the tank - I do put frags and whatnot in the tank but I always watch him and try not scaring him).
Does the poke of a foxface spine really hurt? I've been poked by a skip jack which is a bait fish when fishing and it hurt bad for a while so much that if I see them in the cast net I dump it, but it only has two small barbs at the belly, I have a foxface too but when my hand goes in he hides good, but I never worried about it but maybe I should he is getting so big now, and this is my first foxface experience.

Attachments

• Oligoplites-saurus-02.jpg
    Oligoplites-saurus-02.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220622_182004.jpg
    20220622_182004.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 24

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the poke of a foxface spine really hurt? I've been poked by a skip jack which is a bait fish when fishing and it hurt bad for a while so much that if I see them in the cast net I dump it, but it only has two small barbs at the belly, I have a foxface too but when my hand goes in he hides good, but I never worried about it but maybe I should he is getting so big now, and this is my first foxface experience.
I’ve never been stung by a foxface however I did witness a colleague get stung by one. He said it felt like a bad bee sting but it can be worse if you’re allergic (He wasn’t allergic).

As long as you don’t scare him too much you shouldn’t get stung. Just keep a VERY close eye out, I almost got stung by mine a few days back whilst collecting dead frags out of the tank.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never been stung by a foxface however I did witness a colleague get stung by one. He said it felt like a bad bee sting but it can be worse if you’re allergic (He wasn’t allergic).
I'd say that's what the skipjack felt like but you couldn't find a spot it stung at but kinda hurt in the general area, I guess it wouldn't bee fun ;)

WHAT'S THE BIGGEST FISH IN YOUR TANK? SHOW IT OFF, NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL!

• >1 inch.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • 1 - 3 inches.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • 4 - 6 inches.

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • 7 - 9 inches.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • 10 - 12 inches.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 13+ inches.

Votes: 4 4.9%