Houdini Wrasse???

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRO I just took a picture of my new 6 lined wrasse- I got it today, it’s been much more active now, I saw it go to the surface so I turned around to Google it my surface agitation was enough—— I turned back around and HES GONE?

I had a plastic cover over the tank…? There’s literally nowhere it could go,,, I would have heard a plop I have crazy sharp hearing I wasn’t even a foot away from the tank :loudly-crying-face:

I’m scared to move the rocks because I don’t wanna squish him, but I always don’t want him to be stuck?

I HAVENT EVEN NAMED HIM YET :loudly-crying-face:

My cuc crew I got todays really active and doing well… what the heck :loudly-crying-face:

I took this picture 30 seconds becore
Idk what to do—- Whered my boy go D,:

BB975CE9-2BE1-45B0-9261-6669C969358E.jpeg 7E344517-4516-4416-9359-ED148A737AA5.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chikpeas

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked Everywhere. The closet, dumped out shoes- under the tank, behind, under the bed- no wrasse.

I heard some bury themselves, but he was chasing his reflection literally a minute earlier. I wonder if I spooked him when I moved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
BRO I just took a picture of my new 6 lined wrasse- I got it today, it’s been much more active now, I saw it go to the surface so I turned around to Google it my surface agitation was enough—— I turned back around and HES GONE?

I had a plastic cover over the tank…? There’s literally nowhere it could go,,, I would have heard a plop I have crazy sharp hearing I wasn’t even a foot away from the tank :loudly-crying-face:

I’m scared to move the rocks because I don’t wanna squish him, but I always don’t want him to be stuck?

I HAVENT EVEN NAMED HIM YET :loudly-crying-face:

My cuc crew I got todays really active and doing well… what the heck :loudly-crying-face:

I took this picture 30 seconds becore
Idk what to do—- Whered my boy go D,:

BB975CE9-2BE1-45B0-9261-6669C969358E.jpeg 7E344517-4516-4416-9359-ED148A737AA5.jpeg
They hide well but also not uncommon for them to get thru the overflow and end up in the chamber and even the sump via the plumbing.

OP
OP
Chikpeas

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They hide well but also not uncommon for them to get thru the overflow and end up in the chamber and even the sump via the plumbing.

I have an AIO and it’s all way too small for that thankfully… but that’s insane. I guess that’s the downside of small fish.

OP
OP
Chikpeas

Chikpeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I FOUND HIM !! HES ALIVE

HELP :loudly-crying-face:

He hopped down the middle chute WENT UNDER MY BIO MEDIA- I trapped him with my dads help in a tube but now we CANNOT get him out porfavorrrr how do I get my hell child out of the tube!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not push him backwards. You might try to split the tube “carefully “ with a pair of wire cutters or tin snips while in bucket of saltwater.

If this is soft vinyl hose you may be able to gently tear it spart once you make the first cut.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw your other thread. I agree. Block off the chamber, pull the tube, then use small net. Has happened to me in my 20 aio

Back