Hydros icecap controller won’t connect to wifi

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a hydros controller for my ice cap pump. I have gone through the steps multiple times and this stupid thing won’t connect to my WiFi. During the set up it finds the WiFi goes through all the registration steps, reboots but always comes up with a red blinking light. All I want to do is increase the flow rate but when I connect via Bluetooth all the sliders to change the settings are greyed out. These pumps are very frustrating. Anyone have any help?
Thanks
Jeff

OP
OP
coralbeauties

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Actually when I log into app and go to add the controller it shows that it is connected already but still has a pulsating pink light. Not a big fan of these pumps. No external button to put it into feed mode and the cleaning of the impellers all the time to keep flow up is crazy.
thanks
Jeff

Minifoot77

Jack of all trades and a master of none
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the wave engine v2 and the wave engine le for 5 gyres in a 5 foot 75

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the controller say Hydros on it? If not it is not a Hydros controller. The Hydros controller for the pumps is either a Wave Engine LE or a Wave Engine v2. If it is a IceCap controller it may require CoralVue to update firmware since those were discontinued some time ago. The IceCap pumps come with the WELE now instead.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a hydros controller specifically for two ice cap pumps. guess I will start a ticket with coralvue
So you have a Wave Engine LE or a Wave Engine v2? Both of the Wave Engines will have Hydros on the controller and not IceCap. If it says IceCap on the controller it is a IceCap controller The IceCap controllers do use the Hydros app though.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back