I got a light…Is it good?

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, as the title says I got a light. I was getting some water from an LFS, and I noticed they had a Current brand light. I know they’re discontinued, but I’ve heard some pretty good things about them. IMG_5710.jpeg
Is this version any good?

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes looks like white/yellow spectrum.
Not best for reef unless you add a bunch of blue at that point may just want another brand fixture with all channels adjustable.

Rjukan

Broken
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 18x18x14. I was looking at the noopsyche mini. But since this LFS worker was selling this “reef” light for a discounted price, I went for that
No wonder why LFSs are going out of business.. misleading a customer for a quick sale doesn't facilitate return business.

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No wonder why LFSs are going out of business.. misleading a customer for a quick sale doesn't facilitate return business.
very true.... The rise of price and the loss of care at one of my LFS is insane, the old owner was great and never mislead his customers and had amazing prices for all frags, Now when I walk in and ask for the price of a frogspawn the employee didn't even know what it was. Also more salt to the wound is the trash and colorless small frags of zoas that are priced at $40....

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of sales, and marketplaces. I’m probably just going to sell this light, how much should I ask for it?
Just keep it....eventually, you will want a refugium.......
It will be OKish for growing Cheato.....
Just take the loss (assuming you didnt pay a **** load for it)?

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep it....eventually, you will want a refugium.......
It will be OKish for growing Cheato.....
Just take the loss (assuming you didnt pay a **** load for it)?
I only payed $70 for it, however I don’t have room for a refugium. Also Im kinda on a budget since I’m a student, so I was hoping to resell so I could use that money for another light.

OP
OP
ZachariahBeanz

ZachariahBeanz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, sadly there isn’t really an LFS in my area that I’ve had any good with. I wish there were it would make this hobby at lot easier

FUNGI

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only payed $70 for it, however I don’t have room for a refugium. Also Im kinda on a budget since I’m a student, so I was hoping to resell so I could use that money for another light.
yeah...then sell it..... Hopefully you can get $50 (if not $70) for it.....
good luck.

Back