Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

destinybetancourt200

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I went through a loss in my family and work stress. So i did the bair minimum for my new tank it is a 525 red sea ( had sand water and dry rock in it pump heater powerheads). Dr Tim's fishless way. I have a 75 gallon I am planing to transfer over to the red sea tank. I did add a lot ro when I came back to it and now my numbers are everywhere. Alk is at 5.9 ph 7.8 calcium at 514 mag 1410

I'm not done testing but with this water would you do? I'm feeling defeted I've never really been one for add to my Tank. I've always been the water change will solve anything kinda girl but that it lot to change. So do i dose instead?

What would you do?

OP
OP
D

destinybetancourt200

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I went through a loss in my family and work stress. So i did the bair minimum for my new tank it is a 525 red sea ( had sand water and dry rock in it pump heater powerheads). Dr Tim's fishless way. I have a 75 gallon I am planing to transfer over to the red sea tank. I did add a lot ro when I came back to it and now my numbers are everywhere. Alk is at 5.9 ph 7.8 calcium at 514 mag 1410

I'm not done testing but with this water would you do? I'm feeling defeted I've never really been one for add to my Tank. I've always been the water change will solve anything kinda girl but that it lot to change. So do i dose instead?

What would you do?
No fish or anything in tank

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not quite sure what your target parameters are, but those numbers aren't that bad. Alk is a bit low is all. Alk can easily be raised with a bit of sodium bicarbonate. What salt are you using? What salinity are you mixing to?

Are there any other negative symptoms? How far along Dr. Tim's protocol did you go?

ti_lavender

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are planning on transferring your 75 gallon over, I wouldn't worry much about this system. I would keep it this one running at temperature and flow but do not operate any lighting. Once you are ready to transfer the 75, you'll likely want to move a good portion of that water along with inhabitants to make that transition better. Then plan to do a water change a few days to a week after the big move.

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • My coral

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.5%

Back