IMG_1927.png
IMG_1928.png

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most likely dinos,(looks like the ones i have) if you have microscope put a sample underneath the scope, then you will be able to see! also this could be diatoms.

OP
OP
spoons

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most likely dinos,(looks like the ones i have) if you have microscope put a sample underneath the scope, then you will be able to see! also this could be diatoms.
How would I get rid of Dino’s?

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way, if you dont have a microscope, or just dont want to buy one, use this jar test, this is how i found out if i had dinos.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly all of the above, sand is still sandy, it's looks very new.
Just a normal 'ugly' phase where algae tries to grow, if you tackle it early and keep on top of general maintenance, your tank will be crystal clear in no time :) :)

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so here is that jar test if you are interested.

Start by taking some sand with the in question sand algae out. Note, if this tank isnt that old then it could just be the uglies.

once you have the sand, put it in a jar, shake it up for about 30 seconds, and then get a paper towel or coffee filter and strain out ALL of the water.

Once you have done that, leave the jar in a place with lots of sun, leave it of about 1 hour.

if it is dinos you will see a strand forming in the jar, (dinos will not start to forms after 30 to an hour) if nothing has formed after a hour, it is not dinos, and most likely diatoms.

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also DO NOT go off and start dosing H202 as it can cause problem if not done correctly, but perfectly safe otherwise.
also it looks like you might have a bacteria bloom going on in your tank right now, a UV will also clear that up

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back