Is This Thing On?

Is this the corniest intro you have ever read?

• Total voters

IHAVEACOMPLEX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Nerds,

Long time listener, first time caller, and I just wanted to say... you guys are superstars...

Some background about myself:

Growing up I was a reef nerd much like yourselves, I rocked a 120 with (gasp) metal halides (wow he's old).

I had never achieved a level of reefing that would be noteworthy to anyone here (or myself), and it has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I had to donate my tank when I left for college as neither of my parents had the "blue" thumb, and I was worried I'd resurface to find my inhabitants in a puddle of brine. (are you loving the puns?)

Anyway, come the end of college, I bounced between building my social, professional, and financial life, and had never had a secure enough wife, house, and budget to get back into reefing (pro tip, you should shoot for all three before sinking into such a "luxury" hobby).

That's where you guys come in...

I have been living my dreams of reefing out vicariously through a combination of R2R members, and BRS TV, and for that, I'd like to thank all of you. (PS does anyone else feel the vacuum of content without Ryan? ...More on that later)

Some spark notes about me:
  • I went to school for finance, (Go Noles!) transitioned from a reefing nerd to a finance nerd
  • I dabbled in some real estate investing (this isn't a flex, it relevant to the plot line)
  • I got married to a wife that tolerates most of my antics
  • I have lived on a construction site since 2018... and I love it...
So anyway, for the past 7 years or so I have been moving from house to house, renovating each as I lived in them (not glamorous HGTV renovating, grueling DIY renovating). Finally, my wife was about done brushing her teeth in bathtubs, and cooking dinner in bedrooms on a hot plate, and she gave me fair warning that the next house we buy will be the house we live in forever...

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? We need to find a disaster... So we bought this house, and have been fixing it up for about 4 years now (Queue covid-19 WFH DIY montage), and it finally approaching the point where its starting to feel pretty empty without...

...You guessed it... A big reef tank... (did you think I was going to say kids??? My wife thought I was going to say kids...)

I'll let you dangle in suspense for now on the big plans, but I wanted to follow the appropriate protocol, and introduce myself before haphazardly commandeering the R2R narrative...

so anyway... I'm Ryan

tempImagewRNK3g.png tempImageKokzb5.png tempImageXR6Qez.png tempImage1BHg5J.png IMG_6389.jpg tempImageH8Q2fc.png

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

danreef55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!​

We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing
1726859502104.png

OP
OP
IHAVEACOMPLEX

IHAVEACOMPLEX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! Pics of the tank?
Nothing to share on the new tank yet (still in the planning stages).

This was my 120 “back in the day”!

No criticism I was just a little tyke!

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 6

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Nerds,

Long time listener, first time caller, and I just wanted to say... you guys are superstars...

Some background about myself:

Growing up I was a reef nerd much like yourselves, I rocked a 120 with (gasp) metal halides (wow he's old).

I had never achieved a level of reefing that would be noteworthy to anyone here (or myself), and it has always rubbed me the wrong way.

I had to donate my tank when I left for college as neither of my parents had the "blue" thumb, and I was worried I'd resurface to find my inhabitants in a puddle of brine. (are you loving the puns?)

Anyway, come the end of college, I bounced between building my social, professional, and financial life, and had never had a secure enough wife, house, and budget to get back into reefing (pro tip, you should shoot for all three before sinking into such a "luxury" hobby).

That's where you guys come in...

I have been living my dreams of reefing out vicariously through a combination of R2R members, and BRS TV, and for that, I'd like to thank all of you. (PS does anyone else feel the vacuum of content without Ryan? ...More on that later)

Some spark notes about me:
  • I went to school for finance, (Go Noles!) transitioned from a reefing nerd to a finance nerd
  • I dabbled in some real estate investing (this isn't a flex, it relevant to the plot line)
  • I got married to a wife that tolerates most of my antics
  • I have lived on a construction site since 2018... and I love it...
So anyway, for the past 7 years or so I have been moving from house to house, renovating each as I lived in them (not glamorous HGTV renovating, grueling DIY renovating). Finally, my wife was about done brushing her teeth in bathtubs, and cooking dinner in bedrooms on a hot plate, and she gave me fair warning that the next house we buy will be the house we live in forever...

Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? We need to find a disaster... So we bought this house, and have been fixing it up for about 4 years now (Queue covid-19 WFH DIY montage), and it finally approaching the point where its starting to feel pretty empty without...

...You guessed it... A big reef tank... (did you think I was going to say kids??? My wife thought I was going to say kids...)

I'll let you dangle in suspense for now on the big plans, but I wanted to follow the appropriate protocol, and introduce myself before haphazardly commandeering the R2R narrative...

so anyway... I'm Ryan

tempImagewRNK3g.png tempImageKokzb5.png tempImageXR6Qez.png tempImage1BHg5J.png IMG_6389.jpg tempImageH8Q2fc.png

Dude. I WANT YOUR KITCHEN!!!! Seriously! It's Magnificent!!!!

Welxome to the BillBoards!!!!

Back