KP Aquatics Live rock Delivery

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
After the disaster Liferock caused, ( Dino twice, hair algae and cyano) I am rebooting and decided to go with live rock this time.

just received 30 pounds of Base from KP Aquatics. I bought the 30-pound starter rock I couldn't be happier! really nice stuff! Good shapes to work with.

Found several hitchhikers including a tiny pistol

IMG_0124.jpg IMG_0125.jpg IMG_0126.jpg IMG_0127.jpg IMG_0128.jpg IMG_0129.jpg

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really respect and frankly am kind of in awe at the skills people who use dry rock and sand have. It’s very impressive. I tried and failed 3 times back to back with it. Dino’s and just pure chaos.

with that said. Me not being that advanced. Will never start a tank without ocean rock ever again. Even if I take a break from the hobby. I’ll never dispose of my ocean rock ever again. I’ll keep this stuff wet in saltwater in vats as long as I’m able. For future use

OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I really respect and frankly am kind of in awe at the skills people who use dry rock and sand have. It’s very impressive. I tried and failed 3 times back to back with it. Dino’s and just pure chaos.

with that said. Me not being that advanced. Will never start a tank without ocean rock ever again. Even if I take a break from the hobby. I’ll never dispose of my ocean rock ever again. I’ll keep this stuff wet in saltwater in vats as long as I’m able. For future use
I have seen more threads and videos of people dumping liferock in particular. Reefbum put a video out doing the same thing. I ran my tank for 2 years and never got it to balance.

This rock will be curing / cycling for the next 6 or so months. Not setting up again until after the holidays- at least that's the plan!

GatorGreg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock you have in those pictures will probably be ready to rock and roll a tank in a week.

Why you waiting so long?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Highly suggest quarantining this rock by itself, even if you are starting a new tank. I bought some several years ago and I love the rock and get tons of compliments on the color of the rock several years later…but things are crazy good at hiding.

I got some pistol shrimps, evil isopods, several crabs, multiple eunicids, some urchins, etc. I could’ve had bad luck, but just as a heads up. Not sure what your plans are, etc. best of luck!

OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Highly suggest quarantining this rock by itself, even if you are starting a new tank. I bought some several years ago and I love the rock and get tons of compliments on the color of the rock several years later…but things are crazy good at hiding.

I got some pistol shrimps, evil isopods, several crabs, multiple eunicids, some urchins, etc. I could’ve had bad luck, but just as a heads up. Not sure what your plans are, etc. best of luck!
that is exactly what I am doing. it's in a rubber maid sump. my DT wont get setup until after the holidays.

tomorrow I may give it all a freshwater dip to help with the unwanted stuff. I did find 1 pistol in the water at the bottom of the box so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more. found plenty of crabs also. they have black on the tips of their claws so pretty sure they are bad

Back