MIMF Yellow Lantana

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting to think about getting some sps corals to test out and was curious if anyone has a colony picture of this coral? Frags always looks nice with good growth but can never find a colony picture.

ptrusk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is aquacultured pass. If you can find a frag from an established tank raised colony you can try. I bought one from ORA and it died quickly. Ask the vendor how long they have had the colony.

Ron Popeil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while i dont have any colony pictures, if you keep it under a warmer spectrum, youll get the nice yellow with blue polyps out of the coral. Under lighting with more actinic/blue youll see more of a green with blue polyps.

OP
OP
Nick Steele

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is aquacultured pass. If you can find a frag from an established tank raised colony you can try. I bought one from ORA and it died quickly. Ask the vendor how long they have had the colony.
I have experience with Ora frags and never had an issue.
I have an ORA frag for like 2 months now. Seems healthy with good PE and color
Picture?
while i dont have any colony pictures, if you keep it under a warmer spectrum, youll get the nice yellow with blue polyps out of the coral. Under lighting with more actinic/blue youll see more of a green with blue polyps.
Interesting! Will keep that in mind I do tend to run a whiter tank then most so maybe will keep yellow. I’m more interested how it grows in tank though not colors s much tbh

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have experience with Ora frags and never had an issue.

Picture?

Interesting! Will keep that in mind I do tend to run a whiter tank then most so maybe will keep yellow. I’m more interested how it grows in tank though not colors s much tbh
Kind of hard to see but it's right in the middle above the orange digi and to the right of the bright green anacropora

20240618_134649.jpg

Ron Popeil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its from their clam farm in the marshall islands: MIMF. they raise their micronesian corals and all of their clams at that facility.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back