missing nem

Dirtyvibe76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so 6 months ago i got a bta. he has been walking all over the tank been pretty consistent just moves a lot. the other day befre work i seen him on the glass nice and full. i came home to a cloudy tank and no nem. he has been missing for days now. thinking he got in the wave maker. but i dont see any signs of him not a chunk of flesh or a single tentacle to be found. only a cloudy tank that cleared in a few hours time. he was about 6 or 7 inches in diameter so i find it difficult that the whole thing would have been ground up without a trace. today i moved every rock looking for it and just nothing. i checked the overflow box, the sump, the hose from the overflow to the sump. all the fish in the tank are fine my other bta is happy. any thoughts would be great

eliaslikesfish

Kinda Addicted to Anemone’s and Clowns.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so 6 months ago i got a bta. he has been walking all over the tank been pretty consistent just moves a lot. the other day befre work i seen him on the glass nice and full. i came home to a cloudy tank and no nem. he has been missing for days now. thinking he got in the wave maker. but i dont see any signs of him not a chunk of flesh or a single tentacle to be found. only a cloudy tank that cleared in a few hours time. he was about 6 or 7 inches in diameter so i find it difficult that the whole thing would have been ground up without a trace. today i moved every rock looking for it and just nothing. i checked the overflow box, the sump, the hose from the overflow to the sump. all the fish in the tank are fine my other bta is happy. any thoughts would be great
if your tank was cloudy i’d say it got torn to bits by the wave maker, that’s the only thing I can think of if you can’t find it anywhere and it was fully open prior. there are actual “Anemone guards” for wave makers, won’t guarantee safety for the anemone but will definitely slim down the chances of ending up with anemone soup.

phillyb614

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another vote for the wave maker becoming a blender. And I would say yeah, your fish in your inverts probably got a pretty good meal. Sorry to hear that. That does suck. If in fact, that is what happened.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemone are mostly water so a 6-8 inches anemone does not have much tissue. He can literary deflated to a dollar coin size piece of tissue. The PH just chewed him up. Sorry.

Back