Mitras Lightbar 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Mitras Lightbar 2 for many years. For me - that want a crispy white look without drown out the corals' fluorescence with high-lumen "white" LEDs - they are perfect. Coral "pop" - if you speak American reefing jargon - is precisely the coral's self-produced fluorescence. The use of real RGB LEDs in the fixture creates a feeling of white light without dazzling your "lumen window". If, after all, you prefer super blue light - where the colors of the fish are not shown - then the luminaires can be used for this as well, because dimming the RGB LED does not affect the wavelengths important for photosynthesis. Their role is to trick our eye (brain) into thinking that the light is white and gives the fish's ( and some corals) reflective colors a beautiful face. Mitras LED bars give me both a shimmer, spread light that is rather similar to T5 tubes and beautiful colours for both fish and corals (pop). Whose that want to know how they looks in real life - just look at the videos in my build thread - they are done direct with only a adapted white balance setting. These are amazing lights already in the previous variant.

@Matthias Gross - I understand that it is not possible to mix ledbar 2 and 3 in the same Mitras Led Bar interface - but is it possible to use both the P4´s interface and an Expansion boxes mitras LED bar interface at the same time? With other words is it possible to run Mitras LED bar 2 on the P4 and Mitras LED bar 3 on the expansion box in the same system?

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Mitras Lightbar 2 for many years. For me - that want a crispy white look without drown out the corals' fluorescence with high-lumen "white" LEDs - they are perfect. Coral "pop" - if you speak American reefing jargon - is precisely the coral's self-produced fluorescence. The use of real RGB LEDs in the fixture creates a feeling of white light without dazzling your "lumen window". If, after all, you prefer super blue light - where the colors of the fish are not shown - then the luminaires can be used for this as well, because dimming the RGB LED does not affect the wavelengths important for photosynthesis. Their role is to trick our eye (brain) into thinking that the light is white and gives the fish's ( and some corals) reflective colors a beautiful face. Mitras LED bars give me both a shimmer, spread light that is rather similar to T5 tubes and beautiful colours for both fish and corals (pop). Whose that want to know how they looks in real life - just look at the videos in my build thread - they are done direct with only a adapted white balance setting. These are amazing lights already in the previous variant.

@Matthias Gross - I understand that it is not possible to mix ledbar 2 and 3 in the same Mitras Led Bar interface - but is it possible to use both the P4´s interface and an Expansion boxes mitras LED bar interface at the same time? With other words is it possible to run Mitras LED bar 2 on the P4 and Mitras LED bar 3 on the expansion box in the same system?

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse,
Yes, it's perfectly possible.
The Mitras Lightbar page has separate settings for the P4's built-in Mitras port and the ExpansionBox2's Mitras ports.
And it's possible to define different Mitras models:
mlb settings.PNG

Gaël

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these only function with a Profilux controller? Very nice looking piece of equipment!

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mitras Lightbar 3 work with any controller, including our cheapest controller, the ProfiLux Light WiFi ($99.90) which controls mostly light, plus a few other things, has WiFi and USB, works with app, cloud, PC-software, web interface, just everything.

Or you go with a ProfiLux 4 or ProfiLux 4e and do just everything, not "only" light control.

It is worth to mention that one controller (Light, Mini, P4) can control many Mitras Lightbar 3, also of different types, incl. the refugium model, and you can connect several LB3 to one power supply, which reduces the overall system costs for your lighting while having less cables and power supplies.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mitras Lightbar 3 work with any controller, including our cheapest controller, the ProfiLux Light WiFi ($99.90) which controls mostly light, plus a few other things, has WiFi and USB, works with app, cloud, PC-software, web interface, just everything.

Or you go with a ProfiLux 4 or ProfiLux 4e and do just everything, not "only" light control.

It is worth to mention that one controller (Light, Mini, P4) can control many Mitras Lightbar 3, also of different types, incl. the refugium model, and you can connect several LB3 to one power supply, which reduces the overall system costs for your lighting while having less cables and power supplies.
Thank you.

When will we see more info on these? Such as diodes, spread, etc? If these have anything like the pucks on Mitras I’m very interested in supplementing and eventually replacing T5 with these.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.

When will we see more info on these? Such as diodes, spread, etc? If these have anything like the pucks on Mitras I’m very interested in supplementing and eventually replacing T5 with these.
Yes, they have clusters (pucks) and reflectors similar to those which are used in the Mitras LX7.

Please see the details at our Mitras Lightbar 3 product page.

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

it depends on what you have in your tank (mostly stone corals?) and how high it is.

The Mitras Lightbar 3 are extremely powerful, under average conditions I would recommend 3 x Mitras Lightbar 150 (150cm approx. 5').
If your tank requires tons of light then maybe 4.

Ken for example uses 5 LB3, his tank is a bit larger, but 5 are still over-kill ... he runs them now at lower output power:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Matthias Gross

I have a 5 long 2 wide tank. How many would you suggest
As Matthias mentioned, you can do any combination of 3 Lightbars. It really depends on what spectrum you'd like to have; more blue or less blue.

Here's what I'd recommend for an average 20K appearance:
  • 1x Mitras Lightbar 3 Coral Pop 150
  • 2x Mitras Lightbar 3 Deep Ocean 150

What member(s) of your home reef are your priority?

• My fish

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • My coral

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • My inverts

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other Livestock (Please explain!)

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back