Multi Level Aquarium Build???????????

bluedevils38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so i have this crazy idea to have different levels in a tank! i drew up some pictures to show you guys what im thinking! who knows maybe this is just working better in my mind but im going to try it in a small scale in like a 10 gallon just to see if its plausable then ill move to maybe a 75 gallon and try it! tell me what you guys think or if you have seen anyone do this before! i Think it would be very coool and i will keep you guys updated on how the build go's. any suggestions or comments will be considered! so in the first picture where it says holes drilled in rock to go over pvc im going to get small rock fragments and drill holes through them and stick pvc pipe through them to just support the glass pane! i dont just want to use pvc pipe because i want it to look as natural as possible
plans.jpg
plans1.jpg

strange33w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did something similar to this in a 30 gallon long. I wanted to add a frag section inside the tank below is the best pic I have of it left. But yes this can work you just have to make sure you get the glass attached very well. good luck should make for an interesting tank.

OP
OP
bluedevils38

bluedevils38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes thats along what i wanna do but have fish be able to swim under it and have rock on pvc that looks like columns

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've seen frag racks built similarly. The main difference being egg crate was used instead of glass and the PVC wasn't covered in rock :)
If this were my build my main concern would be, I imagine it would be tricky getting in underneath it to scrape algae from under the glass and the back wall. Or will it movable?

OP
OP
bluedevils38

bluedevils38

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It wont bbe movable but I'll get a glass scraper or a magnet scraper just for that area

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back