Must Haves

abcfishncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to set up an SPS frag tank and looking for advice on how to go about it. I have mixed reef tanks but sps never do well. I’ve been able to keep alive green slimer, red digi and bubble gum digi. Whenever I’ve tried keeping anything else they just die on me. Any help is appreciated

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing any details at all about your tank, all we can do is offer the general advise for sps, which is have a mature tank, good lighting 300+ par, strong flow, controlled nutrients, and stable parameters, alk being the most important of all to keep stable. If you're not having any luck with sps, one or more of these must be off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
abcfishncoral

abcfishncoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without knowing any details at all about your tank, all we can do is offer the general advise for sps, which is have a mature tank, good lighting 300+ par, strong flow, controlled nutrients, and stable parameters, alk being the most important of all to keep stable. If you're not having any luck with sps, one or more of these must be off.
So I’m looking to start the tank from scratch and looking for advice as to parameters that work well in an all SPS tank. It’s an 80gl frag tank n running 2 AI 64’s. What lighting schedule would u recommend?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back