My Scribble Angelfish is not eating ever since we put him in our tank.

sebisolani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recently added a Scribble Angelfish into our 500 litre tank but he hasn’t been eating. He seems to just be swimming around one area if the tank. I did notice his mouth looking a bit odd but I’m not sure if it might have anything to do with him not eating. We feed our fish mainly Brine shrimp and marine mix, I just tried feeding him Spirulina and Mysis but he weirdly was shaking his head rapidly like he tries to eat but couldn’t. Could it be mouth rot? Cotton mouth? (Don’t mind the dirty tank just about to do a change)

Attachments

• IMG_3570.MOV
    6.7 MB

ISpeakForTheSeas

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#fishmedic

I'd suggest at a minimum posting the info suggested in the quote below, and if possible reading through the link below that (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here with the fishmedic crew to get the best diagnosis and treatment advice possible:
Please provide as much of the following as you are able:
  • Brief description of the issue you are observing and answers to the following questions:
    • How long have you had the fish with the condition?
    • Did you quarantine with medication when you first acquired the fish? (If Yes, which medication?)
  • Current water quality measurements
  • Clear photos of the issue taken using WHITE light and/or a short video of any behaviors (post in your response or on YouTube).
If you can help us by providing as much of the above info as possible, it will make diagnosing and providing recommendations for treatment MUCH easier! The Fish Medic team will get back to you as quickly as possible. In the meantime, other members of our community may also share their experience with similar situations and advice that they may have regarding your situation.

You may also feel free to provide a more detailed description of the condition if you wish to share more info than the above list.

Also - do not make a post there this time as I've already tagged the fishmedics in this thread - but for future reference, posts like this are typically answered more quickly in the disease forum:

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recently added a Scribble Angelfish into our 500 litre tank but he hasn’t been eating. He seems to just be swimming around one area if the tank. I did notice his mouth looking a bit odd but I’m not sure if it might have anything to do with him not eating. We feed our fish mainly Brine shrimp and marine mix, I just tried feeding him Spirulina and Mysis but he weirdly was shaking his head rapidly like he tries to eat but couldn’t. Could it be mouth rot? Cotton mouth? (Don’t mind the dirty tank just about to do a change)

Do you know the history of this fish?

Where it was before you got it?
Was it treated/quarantined?

It looks pretty thin. I'm worried it wasn't handled well before you got it. We see that a lot in the US - where a fish gets bounced from collector to exporter to importer to wholesaler to pet store to a person's home. I see you live in Australia though, seems like your supply chain for this fish should have been shorter.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back