need some experienced advice

teff738

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the inevitable did happen, and yes it sucks, I deployed and during my 6 months away my tank had a crash, so fast forward another 8 months and the tank is still limping, had some hardware failures, 2 x algae out breaks and a now alk crash(that I'm recovering from, I've not been able to get the tank stabilized)... been trying to decide if I should just keep trying to stabilize or should I just tear it down and start over... could really use some guidance from people who have experienced this level of a crash.

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the inevitable did happen, and yes it sucks, I deployed and during my 6 months away my tank had a crash, so fast forward another 8 months and the tank is still limping, had some hardware failures, 2 x algae out breaks and a now alk crash(that I'm recovering from, I've not been able to get the tank stabilized)... been trying to decide if I should just keep trying to stabilize or should I just tear it down and start over... could really use some guidance from people who have experienced this level of a crash.
What are the parameters of the tank right now? What occupies it right now fish coral etc?
How big of a tank are we talking about what kind of equipment are you running? I had a 125 gal that crashed bad!!!! Because I was away with my work for 9 months and after about 3 months went by I got everything back in order.

OP
OP
T

teff738

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so yeah realized when I woke didn't give any of the real info...lol. tank is a 75 gal with parameters currently dkh8.4 cal -482 mag 1457 , phos and Nitrates are currently showing g less than 10, but I did just do a large water change, currently livestock are 6 inch mag fox, 4inch niger trigger and a 4 inch blue eye kole tang, CuC, and some LPS/ softies, running full refugium with skimmer and neptune lights, dos, and trident, and apex..

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 59 75.6%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 7 9.0%
Back