Neon bar goby with Yellow watchman goby?

EthanD152

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I have a 20 gallon tank with a centerpiece rock work that goes vertical in the tank. I have 1 small sweet clown and a YWG and pistol shrimp pair, they have claimed underneath the rockwork and I believe take up the entirety of area in the sand. So can I still add a Neon bar goby I think they are the cutest but not sure if he will try to sleep in the same area and they might fight, or if they even sleep in the rockwork at all. If anyone has tried this combo or knows if it could work please let me know, thanks!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there I have a 20 gallon tank with a centerpiece rock work that goes vertical in the tank. I have 1 small sweet clown and a YWG and pistol shrimp pair, they have claimed underneath the rockwork and I believe take up the entirety of area in the sand. So can I still add a Neon bar goby I think they are the cutest but not sure if he will try to sleep in the same area and they might fight, or if they even sleep in the rockwork at all. If anyone has tried this combo or knows if it could work please let me know, thanks!
Do you know another name, or the scientific name for a “neon bar goby”. There are bar gobies and there are neon gobies.

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elacatinus oceanops

Thanks - I call those just "neon gobies". Bar gobies, Ptereleotris zebra would grow too large for your tank.

An adult neon goby would be o.k. in your tank, but they are often sold as juveniles, at a smaller size, and then I'd worry that the pistol shrimp might knock it around a bit.

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

EthanD152

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - I call those just "neon gobies". Bar gobies, Ptereleotris zebra would grow too large for your tank.

An adult neon goby would be o.k. in your tank, but they are often sold as juveniles, at a smaller size, and then I'd worry that the pistol shrimp might knock it around a bit.

Jay
Okay thanks. My pistol shrimp is the biggest scaredy-cat but I’ll keep that in mind and try to find an adult

Upvote 0
Back