Neptunian MPro 120 build

jimeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My previous tank was a 120l Aquaone, after 2 years of saying we can’t get that fish to my wife favourite fish (angels) we spotted an unbelievably good deal on a waterbox 8ft monstrosity.

After measuring the area we concluded that it needed to be a smaller and looked at the Neptunian, particularly liking the invisible weir and the sump design, aluminium stand and plastic panels and doors. So hopefully this will last longer, as the Aquaone stand looked a right state after 2 years of high humidity.

Equipment.
2 x Radion G6 pros xr15
Bubble Magus extreme 7
DD titanium heaters 600w x 2
2 x Jecod SOW 4
Sicce ADV 10 return pump
Ozone generator weipro et200

Some media in bags, bio blocks.

I have a few goals for this tank:

Keep hands out of the display as much as possible.
Own some of the nicer fish that are available.
Softie and LPS only.
Fewer corals that grow to be big colonies, kinda done the same in my garden and it looks better for it, hoping that transfers into a tank.
Minimal maintenance requirements. 1-2 hours a week max.
Not get over run with bubble algae.
Better aquascaping that provides habitat and maximises flow.

Livestock.
OG’s
2 x Clownfish
1 x Bangaii Cardinal
1x Algae Blenny
1 x Peppermint shrimp
1 x Conch
Handful of snails
GSP, Zoas, Kenya tree, toadstool leather mushroom, clove polyps.

New additions.
1 x Fox faced Rabbitfish
1 x Moorish Idol
1x Bella Goby
1 x Cleaner Shrimp
1 x Green emerald crab
1x Coral Beauty
1 x Blue powder tang

IMG_9914.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpeg
IMG_9933.jpeg
IMG_9935.jpeg
IMG_9938.jpeg
IMG_9944.jpeg
IMG_9941.jpeg
IMG_9940.jpeg
IMG_9945.jpeg
IMG_9950.jpeg
IMG_9952.jpeg

Dread Pirate Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! How long have you had the moorish idol? I just recently watched a video about them needing a high fiber diet to do well.

OP
OP
J

jimeah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 weeks, made sure in the shop it was eating a variety of foods, flake and frozen before buying him.

Currently I leave 1 Nori sheet in the tank permanently replacing it daily. Then 2 cubes frozen food, mysis shrimp, dwarf angel mix (contains sponges), clam on the half shell or krill all of which he goes for, plus grazing on the rocks for algae.

That regimen feeds all my current livestock. In the old tank I was only feeding one cube daily, to keep phos and nitrates low, but now with more research and the current advice being heavy in - heavy out, I am pleased to say all the fish are looking much better for it.

I expressed my concern regarding survival stats to the shop before buying and they said that their current supplier TMC seems be having much higher success rates.

He looks to be a little plumper than when I first got him, and my Foxface is like his best mate, they follow each other round all day, so fingers crossed he stays happy and healthy.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

DO YOU PREFER BIGGER TANKS OR SMALLER TANKS? WHY?

• The bigger the tank, the better it is!

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • The smaller the tank, the sweeter it is!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 8.1%
Back