New here, fairly new to saltwater

DeDoDo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm Derrick. I've been a freshwater shrimp breeder for about 3 years and only have been into reef tanks for 1 year. There's not much to tell honestly, I just try to do things to the best of my ability and try to fix issues that arise along the way. My current tank is a 30g hexagon, not perfect but I'm still working on it trying to get better at reefing before stepping into a larger tank. Just built some rockwork for the 65g I wanted to set up this week, but because it got bashed on another platform, it has me rethinking setting it up. I joined based on someone else's suggestion. I don't mind honest criticism, but I do hate getting bashed about things without help along the way. Posting a video and pics of the build that I just did, just to get some honest feedback, advice and help.
Thanks all, I appreciate it in advance.

20240826_091825.jpg 20240826_091847.jpg

Attachments

• 20240826_091912.mp4
    106.3 MB

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

WalkerLovesTheOcean

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Derrick! Welcome to Reef2reef!

The aquascape looks really nice. Plenty of spaces for fish to hide. I love that giant arch they you added! It looks really nice.

OP
OP
DeDoDo

DeDoDo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Derrick! Welcome to Reef2reef!

The aquascape looks really nice. Plenty of spaces for fish to hide. I love that giant arch they you added! It looks really nice.
Thank you. I followed the thirds rule and made the 2 tall structures to hit the mark, but like I said, on another platform, the structure was bashed by 2/6 that responded. I thought all the hiding places would be better than spaces for corals that I may not even add to begin with.

OP
OP
DeDoDo

DeDoDo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really!?! You can help with my aquascape any time. That looks great in my opinion. Welcome to the family Derrick.
Thank you so much! It took me like a week to figure it out. Just kept adding piece by piece and allowing it to cure before adding anything else to it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OP
OP
DeDoDo

DeDoDo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Derrick and Welcome to R2R! Keep up the good work. You would be able to help many build their landscapes.
Thank you. I'm always willing to help and give advice if I can. Someone helped me with my freshwater tanks, so I'm always willing to pay it forward.

OP
OP
DeDoDo

DeDoDo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I think I may do that.
Welcome to reef 2 reef!! Haters gunna hate, let em potate.. I think it looks sweet man, cant wait to see that thing in some water! Stay here we got a lot of info, cool tanks, and you can always make your own build thread so we can follow along!

finding nemo fish GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

Back