New Royal Gramma feeding training in box

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I just gotten a Royal Gramma on last sunday. I already tried to fed it in the LFS i can see it got good responses to pellets & actually eat it once it saw it.
Now I trained it to eat inside an acclimation box with some pvc for hideout. I didn't actually saw it ate, but I can see some pellet that sink on the bottom of the box is gone.
My question is, do I need to train it to be more bold to be able to swim out once it scent the pellets OR it should just stay in the box until it doesn't afraid to swim out from pvc to eat?
My past experience with Royal Gramma is I trained until it's came out from pvc openly to eat before I release it, but each fish had its own behavior.
The concern will be if I release it too early, would it be become skittish & outcompete by other fishes, Most of the fish i got are fairy wrasses.

Thanks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I just gotten a Royal Gramma on last sunday. I already tried to fed it in the LFS i can see it got good responses to pellets & actually eat it once it saw it.
Now I trained it to eat inside an acclimation box with some pvc for hideout. I didn't actually saw it ate, but I can see some pellet that sink on the bottom of the box is gone.
My question is, do I need to train it to be more bold to be able to swim out once it scent the pellets OR it should just stay in the box until it doesn't afraid to swim out from pvc to eat?
My past experience with Royal Gramma is I trained until it's came out from pvc openly to eat before I release it, but each fish had its own behavior.
The concern will be if I release it too early, would it be become skittish & outcompete by other fishes, Most of the fish i got are fairy wrasses.

Thanks
Honestly, any finicky feeder very quickly learns.

You’ll find it’s finicky as it’s in what is essentially a sterile environment. Once it hits the rocks and has a huge food source it’ll grow bolder and feed more.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a very shy fish, mine won't eat if I stand by the tank, I need to drop food and move away. As mentioned above, it really needs rocks to be comfortable.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Thanks
Sounds like it's in the box in the main tank. No qt.

Main has lots of wrasse.
IMO, stay in the box of at least 2 days so the wrasse see the RG.
I think there will be less aggression this way when you do release the RG.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, yes no QT straight in to DT inside acclimation box that's it.
So far it's been the 4th day in box. Still it just peeking & not bold enough to venture out even I dropped mysis into it. So far based on my observation, the wrasse paying little to no attention to it.

I guess maybe I let it to stay 1 more day in box, then I'll release it out.
hopefully it won't be too skittish until unable to eat.

DO YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR LFS?

• Yes, I have full confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 58 25.6%
  • Yes, I have confidence in my LFS, but only about certain things.

Votes: 99 43.6%
  • No, I do not have confidence in my LFS.

Votes: 57 25.1%
  • Other (Please explain!)

Votes: 13 5.7%
Back