New to the group!!

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am new to the group. I’ve been out of the hobby for almost 6 years but recently received a 60 gallons cube setup from someone who is downsizing. It was a running setup with a lot of high end equipment, my previous tanks were low tech so I am still learning about everything that came with the tank.
One of the equipment that I am still getting used to is a hmahli fleece roll filter, I am trying to find the sweet spot where it doesn’t mess too much with the salinity.
I am just looking forward to learn from the other members here, and also help in whatever I can.

60 gallon cube
Around 30lbs of live rock (guesstimated)
One oscellaris clown fish
One royal gramma
One blood shrimp
Five Astrea snails
Two nassarius snails
Five small blue legs hermit crabs
A few random frags of soft corals I got from a local breeder on Craigslist (toadstool, green nephtea, green palythoas).

Some green mushrooms and a piece of birdnest I got from a coworker.
IMG_0108.jpeg

The following corals came with the tank (neither the previous owner nor I were aware they were left after the move):

Two rock anemones
A tiny piece of red montipora
And a tiny piece of what looks like a high end montipora (sorry, i am not up to date with all the names).

Current parameters are in the attached picture.

For now I will let the tank run and mature, I won’t be adding anything else until around the end of the year. And willl take the time to learn more about the equipment that was given to me.

Thanks.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

OP
OP
betomena

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, yes, to be honest, i prefer my tank to be low tech but as I learn more about the equipment I received I can see how it can make things easier, for example, when I am going to feed the tank, all I need to do is turn off the return pump and it is setup to turn off the skimmer and the fleece roll filter, then when I turn the return pump back on, the skimmer and the filter are delayed for 2 minutes to wait for the water level to adjust.

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpeg
    IMG_0109.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 14

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

mythesis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am new to the group. I’ve been out of the hobby for almost 6 years but recently received a 60 gallons cube setup from someone who is downsizing. It was a running setup with a lot of high end equipment, my previous tanks were low tech so I am still learning about everything that came with the tank.
One of the equipment that I am still getting used to is a hmahli fleece roll filter, I am trying to find the sweet spot where it doesn’t mess too much with the salinity.
I am just looking forward to learn from the other members here, and also help in whatever I can.

60 gallon cube
Around 30lbs of live rock (guesstimated)
One oscellaris clown fish
One royal gramma
One blood shrimp
Five Astrea snails
Two nassarius snails
Five small blue legs hermit crabs
A few random frags of soft corals I got from a local breeder on Craigslist (toadstool, green nephtea, green palythoas).

Some green mushrooms and a piece of birdnest I got from a coworker.
IMG_0108.jpeg

The following corals came with the tank (neither the previous owner nor I were aware they were left after the move):

Two rock anemones
A tiny piece of red montipora
And a tiny piece of what looks like a high end montipora (sorry, i am not up to date with all the names).

Current parameters are in the attached picture.

For now I will let the tank run and mature, I won’t be adding anything else until around the end of the year. And willl take the time to learn more about the equipment that was given to me.

Thanks.
That's a cool parameter monitoring dashboard. What is it if I may ask?

Welcome aboard and good luck! Can't wait to see pics of the tank.

OP
OP
betomena

betomena

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. It is amazing all this technology is available in the hobby.
When I was offered this tank I didn’t hesitate to take it.
Welcome to R2R! the tank looks beautiful, and I really like that digital readout you have for your water parameters!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 17 18.9%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back