Newbie asking for input

AlwaysSafari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the field of coral keeping. But for my studies and internship I am working on a super cool project. In which I have to come up with a self-sustaining aquarium for Bonaire. This needs to be an aquarium that can withstand some setbacks (power outages, storms, etc.), and thus could temporarily save itself in time of need. So that the corals that are currently in trouble off Bonaire can be preserved in aquaria, until the water quality is restored. I am currently gathering as much information as possible, and will soon be conducting interviews with experts. So I wanted to ask if you guys have a lot of knowledge and/or know others, I would love to get in touch!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the field of coral keeping. But for my studies and internship I am working on a super cool project. In which I have to come up with a self-sustaining aquarium for Bonaire. This needs to be an aquarium that can withstand some setbacks (power outages, storms, etc.), and thus could temporarily save itself in time of need. So that the corals that are currently in trouble off Bonaire can be preserved in aquaria, until the water quality is restored. I am currently gathering as much information as possible, and will soon be conducting interviews with experts. So I wanted to ask if you guys have a lot of knowledge and/or know others, I would love to get in touch!
You will want to utilize and improvise use of battery backup

Upvote 0

VintageReefer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You will need to factor for power outages, expected duration, and have battery or generator appropriately scaled and sized. This varies greatly depending on the tank size and equipment

Can you tell us about the tank and equipment and live stock ?

Upvote 0
Back