OP
OP
Beachbilly

Beachbilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still getting acclimated to this app but I did a water change Thurs and put this algae refragium in Saturday. Still no change. Prior to fish it was 20ppm added 2 Azure Demoiselle small fish and 7 hermits about a week ago

OP
OP
Beachbilly

Beachbilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I want to start coral soon a buddy of mine is going me a nice dyi light in Dec. Hope it's good by that time. Might start with 2 leathers is the plan.

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leather will handle higher nutrients better. But looks like you’re still in early stages of the tank developing. It will probably explode with hair algae in the near future.

Jgents

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a bad level
Personally i would shoot for <25ppm, but i've had periods where my nitrates are just around 50ppm. the problem with color tests like this is that it can be kind of hard to get a perfectly accurate reading. I'm color blind, so I generally struggle (and always get a second opinion). I would continue to do your water changes, test, and I'd take a hard look at how much you're feeding, that's your most likely cause of higher nitrates (IMO)

OP
OP
Beachbilly

Beachbilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i would shoot for <25ppm, but i've had periods where my nitrates are just around 50ppm. the problem with color tests like this is that it can be kind of hard to get a perfectly accurate reading. I'm color blind, so I generally struggle (and always get a second opinion). I would continue to do your water changes, test, and I'd take a hard look at how much you're feeding, that's your most likely cause of higher nitrates (IMO)
I understand I am extremely obsessed with all this, it's my first, I guess this is common in the beginning stages of the hobby

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 52 25.5%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 11 5.4%
Back