Odds of paring maroon clowns

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a single female clown in another tank I would like to pair off with a male she’s in a 40 gallon breeder with a couple other fish she hasn’t show any aggression so I question is can I pair her with a small male clown? Thank you for your help

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These situations are interesting as the odds are either 1 or zero, and she decides if the male makes the cut or not. I would get a sturdy small fish and see how it goes.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you 100% positive she has transitioned to female? I only ask because if she hasn't then you could end up with two trying to transition which will end up with a single female. Placing the smallest male I can find in an acclimation box near the females area for a week or two before releasing has worked for me in the past. I have always had nems that the female host in so I know her area. Not sure if being without a nem makes things harder. I paired my female maroon twice with this method after she lost her first mate. My female was well over a year old before I attempted to pair her.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you 100% positive she has transitioned to female? I only ask because if she hasn't then you could end up with two trying to transition which will end up with a single female. Placing the smallest male I can find in an acclimation box near the females area for a week or two before releasing has worked for me in the past. I have always had nems that the female host in so I know her area. Not sure if being without a nem makes things harder. I paired my female maroon twice with this method after she lost her first mate. My female was well over a year old before I attempted to pair her.
She is for sure a female and she has a nem to host two actual she has a couple but I’m just worried I’m gonna buy a fish and have it killed in a day

Back