Orphek icons burning out and poor customer service

Paulb89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else experienced the LEDs burning out and destroying the lenses on the icon units?

Both of my units have now burned out a channel and melted the lenses.
Units are only 2.5 years old and run at 70%

Had I known I would have to fork out for new boards and change them myself every 2 - 3 years I wouldn't have bought them.

What's worse is Orpheks attitude, I posted on the Facebook group chat and was banned and had my messages removed because I asked if anyone else was suffering this?
This was by an Orphek staff member

Incredibly poor, something to hide Orphek?
Trying the silence customers from bringing up issues?

They're not cheap lights and that kind of behaviour from a company is unacceptable, people should be made aware of there attitude towards their customer base.

OP
OP
P

Paulb89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per photo, my messages removed and I'm unable to post anymore.

Silencing customers much?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_215355_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_215355_com.facebook.orca.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 59
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to spend money. Spend it on something that has a better warranty than 1 year...

Warranty tells you everything you need to know about the expected life of the product.

2.5 years is not bad all things considered. I don't see anything that they could do to resolve this besides providing data on why it burnt out. My guess is a component failed on regulating the power that caused the chips to overload. Burning the chips and melting the lens.

Have you emailed support yet?

While I am not a fan of how companies handle questionable product issue comments on platforms. Its a common trend.

OP
OP
P

Paulb89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your going to spend money. Spend it on something that has a better warranty than 1 year...

Warranty tells you everything you need to know about the expected life of the product.

2.5 years is not bad all things considered. I don't see anything that they could do to resolve this besides providing data on why it burnt out. My guess is a component failed on regulating the power that caused the chips to overload. Burning the chips and melting the lens.

Have you emailed support yet?

While I am not a fan of how companies handle questionable product issue comments on platforms. Its a common trend.
Orpheks are an expensive light and I'm sorry but to have to replace components yourself every 2.5 years at your own cost really isn't on.

If you was buying a really cheap quality light and running them full power everyday for 10 hours a time then yeah that's to be expected but this is not the case.

I'm not asking and expecting an endless warranty and I get that there are issues at times, of course there is but to simply ask, "hey is it normal for me to keep having to replace these boards at my own cost every 2 and a half years and is the board I'm replacing it with upgraded" and for then to be banned and deleted is really shoddy.

I've emailed support but no reply yet

tjonw6981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the same issue right now actually. I have 3 compact icons and one OR3 that channel 2 (blues) have burned out over 1 to 1.5 years. Looking at the boards its all the leds labeled 450... Even more frustrating is that I ordered new boards for all units and one showed up DOA which is a major PITA. Customer service is asking me to send the boards to Colorado for diagnosis which will further delay getting my lighting backup and running.

tjonw6981

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a pic of 3 the 3 boards I just replaced, you'll notice other leds Amberered or burnt too. The lenses on the burnt diodes also have been damaged.

Attachments

• 20240911_085259.jpg
    20240911_085259.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240911_085306.jpg
    20240911_085306.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240911_085320.jpg
    20240911_085320.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 35

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back