Pad for under sump on tile floor?

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! Looking for some options for some type of pad or foam for below my new sump im putting togeather. It sits directly on the tile right now but id like to have something at least for the lower frame to sit on to help it level out properly because I do have some very slight high spots on one or two tiles. Hopefully I can find something at home depot or I may go get a really cheap yoga matt to cut and place under it.

What has everyone else used for this? Added bonus if I can find it locally and don't have to order it.

20220119_173957.jpg

OP
OP
Tonycass12

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put some Pressure treated plywood down and maybe lightly shim, Also under all of my tanks on the floor i purchased shower pan vinyl liner and wrapped the corners. this has saved me MANY times from getting water all over my basement / floors.
Not too worried about the water. More just pressure along the bottom frame with the tile not being perfectly smooth. I skinned the walls around the sump with FRP to waterproof them and im using vinyl trim on top and bottom. Should keep any water that splashes or spills in this area for quick and easy clean up with the shopvac and some rags.

I am trying to avoid using plywood because I don't want to deal with any issues that could arise in the future with moisture penetrating the wood.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't most foams just compress to the tile profile?
Something harder like plywood or hard plastic might distribute the load better.
How uneven are the tiles? 1/8", 1/16"

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weather tech will make one to your specs and it will last forever. Also it will conform with weight to the tile while staying level on top.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 18 8.3%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 50 22.9%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 55 25.2%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 12 5.5%
Back