Please help Silicon & Copper in my RODI water....How to remove?

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

So my RODI system is a good Commercial 7 phase filtration system that does 300gpd. However, I just had my water tested and my Silicon & Copper are high in my RODI water test. My head is spinning from everything I've read online so I figured I'd try to come here and get a consensus on what everyone thinks I should do. I run Cuprisorb & GFO reactor on my tank, but would hate to put something like that on my RODI system if I don't have to. Open to any ideas. If there is something on Amazon that I can get overnight I'd prefer to do that. Thanks!

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may just need to put a DI cannister filter on the end of the RODI. We erroneously refer to our systems as RODI, when in reality a lot of them are just reverse osmosis (RO) with some sediment and carbon filters. There is no deionization (DI) unless you add one, and for some water supplies this is necessary. I’m not sure about overnight, but something like this is what you need: Amazon.

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may just need to put a DI cannister filter on the end of the RODI. We erroneously refer to our systems as RODI, when in reality a lot of them are just reverse osmosis (RO) with some sediment and carbon filters. There is no deionization (DI) unless you add one, and for some water supplies this is necessary. I’m not sure about overnight, but something like this is what you need: Amazon.
Ahh shoot my bad I forgot to mention I do have a DI resin canister at the end of the filtration system. Should I add a 2nd one with more Di? I also have a TDS meter and the water coming from my whole house filtration system and then into my RODI filtration system shows only 2-3 and the output from the Di canister shows 0 TDS. I recently changed it out maybe 2-3 months ago.

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what I can try? Is it normal that copper and silicon get through 7 stage to filters and a di mixed bed?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED A TANK EMERGENCY? SHARE YOUR STORY IN THE COMMENTS!

• Unfortunately, yes.

Votes: 52 64.2%
  • Thankfully, no.

Votes: 26 32.1%
  • Other (pleas explain).

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back