Polyppal’s Project ‘Biocube32 Glow-Up’

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I’ve always wanted to gut and build out a Biocube, so when I had the opportunity to pick one up for cheap ($100), I snagged it up.

IMG_0581.jpeg IMG_0582.jpeg IMG_0583.jpeg

This was hands down the foulest smelling tank I’ve ever been around (the previous owner on FBM stored it in their garage with dirty sand and water in it) - So it got a very thorough clean-up all around. I’m pleasantly surprised how good condition both the tank and stand are in after they’ve been cleaned!

IMG_0584.jpeg IMG_0585.jpeg

The current plan is to build out a nem tank for a pair of clowns and a CSB, along with a branch of Zoas.

Current Build-Out:
Biocube 32 (Gutted)
AI Blade Grow 12”
AI Axis 90 Centrifugal Pump
Innovative Marine Helio 200w Heater
Innovative Marine Hydrofill ATO

Aquascape
Tropic Eden Morroca Branch
Tropic Eden Morroca Shelf

Current Livestock:
ORA Mocha Storm Pair
ORA Blue Mandarin

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had good luck securing rock with Acrylic posts in the past, so I created a platform from some scrap acrylic and secured the branch and shelf rock.

Sanded down some flat spots on the branch rock to easily secure future frag plugs. The rocks are removable for future access/cleaning.

IMG_0598.jpeg

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to go sandless, but seems like BB always causes stability issues for me. So because it’s going to be a nem-focused tank, I put in a thin layer of special grade.

I’m moving end of the month so I will probably let the tank sit and mature as-is before doing much more in the next few weeks

IMG_0603.jpeg

TheWB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to go sandless, but seems like BB always causes stability issues for me. So because it’s going to be a nem-focused tank, I put in a thin layer of special grade.

I’m moving end of the month so I will probably let the tank sit and mature as-is before doing much more in the next few weeks

IMG_0603.jpeg
I really like the scape. Are you going to make an aluminum profile stand for it or go with something different? Your article on the stands was great.

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the scape. Are you going to make an aluminum profile stand for it or go with something different? Your article on the stands was great.
Thanks, no this one came with the standard bio cube stand so I’m using it. I just recently built a little stand for a IM15 I’ll put somewhere else in the new place if/when I repurpose that tank

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg

Johnd651

Getting back in after 10+ years
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, no this one came with the standard bio cube stand so I’m using it. I just recently built a little stand for a IM15 I’ll put somewhere else in the new place if/when I repurpose that tank

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg
nice. is that metal? i ended up using 2x4 and 2x6 and its indestructible but bulky.

TheWB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0375.jpeg

IMG_0374.jpeg
Nice!! I have a Tenecor 17 gallon prototype peninsula tank that they ultimately did not make part of their line up laying around that will eventually need a stand. I may bug you for some advice. Those little 15 gallon IM tanks are sweet.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back