R2R Melev's Reef ATO Container Giveaway

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most valuable piece of equipment would have to be the screen top on my tank made out of clear netting. Keeps the wrasses in!

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most important piece of equipment would have to be the custom diy sump I built. It has everything I need and without it I would not be able to have the tank i have. To top off the diy system would be a sweet diy ATO tank.

Hahnmeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say my arduino controlled LM3409 DIY LED fixture. Next project that im sure will take the cake: arduino based ATO system with optical liquid level sensors and control logic for a smarter and more reliable system. Is it just me or are all the ATO's out there just lacking?

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my most valuable DIY is my tank.......I rely on all of my equipment.....my AC Jr. controller handles lighting control and temperature control flawlessly,my dosing pump keeps my parameters in check,lighting,skimmer,MP60,closed loop....it's hard to say which is most relied upon,I need it all,if 1 piece fails,I start having problems.....

Gill_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most important piece of equipment has to be my refractometer. My very first water change was done with a thermometer/hydrometer; unfortunately it was very inaccurate and my fish died. :(

hllywd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDBuild038-1.jpg

Until last week I had my 96 Cree XR-Es over my 120, I had the opportunity to swap systems with a guy that wanted to down size from his 210. The swap included my old 2 x 250W MH and PC system for his 3 x 400W + 2x 80W T5 system. initially I wasn't ready to mount my LEDs in the new canopy so I used the 3 x 400W MHs for a few days... My LEDs cannot match the visual intensity of the 400s, but they run at ~20% the cost. I had great success in the 120 and expect similar results with the 210.

Last edited:

lcashman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has to be my sump....was able to fit in the space I had, read a lot, and also learned even more when deciding the size of all the chambers.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most relied upon piece of equipment is the Neptune Apex. It's the only way I can go on vaction in peace.

CJ

Blueshorts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definatley my stand, second most important piece my vortech, I've tried Koralia and Tunze and the vortechs won hands down

minhvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Keeper controller. Sure does make life a lot easier

Triggerman77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my Most Valuable DIY Protein Skimmer! I built this Skimmer in 2002 and it was a little taller 38in. I ran this skimmer on my 225g from 2004 to 2009. With a Mag 12 it works better than most $400+ Skimmers
newtankpiclifereefskimmer028.jpg

Heres my Other most relied on equipment LIFE REEF SKIMMER. This is one of the best Skimmers on the market ! Its Silent, Efficient, simple and easy to use, No overflows or BS like most other skimmers Plug it in set the water level and Clean the cup once a week NO Headaches :D
newtankpiclifereefskimmer027.jpg

Thanks Melev's reef & R2R For this Great Chance to win more Goodies :)

CoralClark

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most important piece of equipment has to my Neptune apex controller, controls almost everything for my tank. I'm not much of a DIY guy but I love my screen mesh top I made keeps my wrasse in the tank and isn't bad looking a all. I've been on melevs site plenty of times, very informative and helpful, thanks Melevs reef.

Last edited:

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most valuable piece of DIY equipment is probably my stand/canopy...easy to get into the tank...plus I peiced together the whole lighting system. Looks great, easy to use, and very rewarding feeling making a piece of furniture.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY NEW CORAL?

• Weekly.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back