Recently did a leak test on my new 44 gallon tank

reefsmitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just waiting on sand from Tampa bay saltwater which should be here early September. Tank is a UNS90P that I drilled myself. I’m going to run it a few months without light, but the lighting will be 3 NooPysche K7 mini’s as I already own two of them. I’m going to add a Nero 3 under the gyre to try and keep the sand bed a bit cleaner.
Took about 2-3 months of planning and building to get everything together. Was inspired by BRS’s Ryan’s idea of having a 5-10 year tank so I tried to future proof my plumbing for as much flexibility as possible to add or take away gear as the years go on. Every outlet on the manifold has a flow sensor, and the return has one as well. I won’t be running my Apex on the tank till I transfer everything over from my old waterbox 25. I built a matching orange cabinet to hold my control board and hide the cables. I’ll post that once I get it up and running. I don’t know how you guys run 100+ gallon tanks…even having 50-60 gallons of water suspended in the air scares me…

IMG_3073.jpeg IMG_3072.jpeg

Back